Is Ashworth College a prestigious institution?

I just graduated with my GED and am thinking about getting a bachelor's degree in criminal justice because I would like to get a job with the FBI or homeland security as a forensic examiner. Ashworth College has a progam that I can afford and I can do in the convenience of my home.

I noticed that Ashwoth College is especially big with the military community and good for military spouses. I tried to find their ranking/ reviews and came up with this:

http://www.ashworthcollege.edu/about/reviews/ashwo...

The famed model Didiayer Snyder is a member of the alumni of this institution.

Plus it has the prestigious authorization of the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary

Education Commission to offer degrees to their customers.

http://www.ashworthcollege.edu/about/accreditation...

This works good because my parents are going to let me live at home while I am in college. Is this a great program for getting into the FBI?

My parents never went to college but they are so happy that I have this opportunity that they are going to help me pay for my college degree. I am so happy that there are schools like Ashworth that offer a home based program so that I can do house chores to help my parents. They work so hard so I can do better and go places.

Favorite Answer

No offense, but nothing about this plan seems plausible. My personal opinion only.

I have never heard of Ashworth College, so I looked it up. The answer to your title question is no it is not prestigious. It is featured on some of the same sites as the horrible for-profit scams such as Kaplan and ITT Tech...

Ugh the more I read on the website the sorrier I feel for the people that fall for this.

Most likely, the kind of job you would get if you got a degree from here (as in, if it even worked out at all) would be corrections or parole. They are feeding people lies "desirable positions in the FBI, Secret Service, DEA..." PLEASE.

I majored in Sociology and Criminology at Ohio State University... The only positions advertised at career fairs were in prisons. No thanks. I don't know how the FBI hires people but it's NOT out of colleges like Ashworth.

They are not up front about their tuition and fees at all... I notice they show you tuition, and a monthly payment plan etc, but they don't show you any fees or anything. Fishy. Also they have a static webpage, which personally is also fishy to me. If they are teaching programs such as marketing, why does their website suck? They just LOOK like a scam to me.

• sweetness5 years agoReport

Ashworth College is accredited deac or detc. I know people who works for the nypd. The military and nypd accepts deac accreditation. People are haters.

• milak

Ashworth College Reviews

• roever

Ashworth College Tuition

1

Source(s): Advanced affiliates Course http://emuy.info/AffiliateMarketingTrainingPortal

If you want a federal job - like the FBI - the college is not going to get you there unless it's a top rated institution - and you walk away with a heavy debt - or the military pays for it. Remember, those federal jobs when posted - are usually for someone they already know and they advertize it because it is the current law. You will be applying against 10,000+ applicants that will not only have a degree, but real-time law enforcement experience. A college degree is one block out of many that needs to be checked. I would talk to an agent and see who they hire and the typical background of these people. Trust me, college, military experience, law enforcement background, LE academy, etc...you have to have alot before you get bumped up on the hiring scale. No - Ashworth will not set you for success - I have no idea why anyone would get a degree from them. Accreditation that they have is basic and really is not recognized by the brick and mortar colleges - that alone should tell you something.

• RED6 years agoReport

I am a nyc law enforcement officer because of ashworth college. Ashworth college offers affordable tuition. If your looking for police/fire civil service than this is the perfect school. If your looking for Ivy League go elsewhere.

Like getpaid said, it's a school for adults looking for a second chance at a career. If you are in high school and want to attend college you may want to try a college with an actual campus and get a real college experience. However, since you said you got your GED I am guessing you will prefer the online and not having to report to professors all the time. Ashworth College may be the right choice for you.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avztG

1. Harvard College 2. Dartmouth College 3. Johns Hopkins University 4. Stanford University 5. Duke University 6. Yale University 7. University of Pennsylvania 8. UC Berkeley 9. Brown University 10. Columbia University

Honestly, your entire plan seems a little off but you should really look into the school before making your decision. Read reviews on pages like yelp and college niche. Ashworth College is an online college therefore are you good with working independently? You need to ask yourself these questions before fully committing to something.

Ashworth isn't regionally accredited, which means that the US government won't consider your degree to be real. So don't go there. You will not be able to get a job for the FBI if you do!

In general, avoid all of the for-profit, as-seen-on-tv schools. Employers don't respect them. And any school you look at needs to be specifically regionally accredited - and that's not Ashworth.

Instead, go to your local community college or public/state university. Not only are these of good quality, but they tend to offer criminal justice as a major, and they'll also give you an in-state resident discount on tuition! Sweet! You can go to a community college, get your associates in criminal justice or a related field, such as sociology or psychology, and then go on to transfer to a bachelors degree program at your state college.

Even if you go to school full time on campus, you can still live at home. There is no need to move away from home if you don't want to. Most people in the US have a community college within an hour or so of their home. Why not go there? If you live in a place where there are no colleges within a couple of hour's drive, then look at your state's community colleges and state colleges anyway - they may well offer online classes, like mine do.

Ashworth is not a prestigious institution. It is mainly for the adult learner or person who cant afford loan debt. The above comments that the U.S. govt wont accept are not correct. Ashworth is a nationally accredited institution and recognized by the US Dept of Education and is acceptable for federal employment.

Source:Federal Employee

• 6 years agoReport

Correct!