Just got scammed by Citibank phishing scam. What to do now?

I'm one of those people who figured he'd never get scammed. Then I looked at my email early today in my tired state, thought I really got an alert from Citi, went to the "secure" login and put in my info. Of course, nothing happened, so I called the # on the back of my card and realized before speaking with anyone that I had just given up my name and passsword info on my Citi credit card. I quickly changed both.

I figure I will change my password on all accounts that used that password, which were very few. In fact, the Citi account was the only account with the specific user name and password combo that I input. I also plan to change any accounts that use the same password I used for the Citi account. Nevertheless, what other steps should I take to protect all my accounts?

Thank you very much.

Favorite Answer

Call the bank security team and they will probably need to assign you a new account number

Also check your activity to make sure there are no unauthorised transactions on the account

Hopefully you changed your username and password before the scammer could log in. If you did they will probably assume you were trying to scam them by giving them fake information

Just be careful - since you did respond you are probably going to be targeted with more spam and phishing scams so you just have to be extra careful from now on

Better run this:

From Fitsec Blog:

"We created an experimental tool that can detect almost all variants from the TOP 5 of banking trojan families: Zeus, SpyEye, Carberp, Gozi and Patcher, if they are active and running on the infected computer. The tool works by scanning the memory of each running process, looking for telltale signs of these malwares. If any signs are detected, the tool will report the malware name and the affected process name."

Tool Release: A Banking Trojan Detection Tool;

http://www.fitsec.com/tools/DeBank.exe