Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

Prog Rock: Pink Floyd or Rush?

I've always preferred Rush over Pink Floyd. I mean Pink Floyd is awesome but sometimes they get a bit boring...

Update:

I agree man. Pink Floyd is really fun when you get stoned to them.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

OOOOOh good question...Both geat bands but yeah I have to say Rush on that one...but if I just want to chill and relax PF.

• 8 years ago

@Talala Cupcakes- I'm a proghead, but I really dislike the Volta. :(

I've always preferred Floyd to Rush.. there was never really any deliberation. Pink Floyd's my favorite band anyway. I cannot deny Rush's magnifence, however. They have many gems, but I believe Pink Floyd's discography to be more consistently brilliant than Rush's.

Source(s): A sheep told me.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Those are two very different bands. Apples and oranges. And i prefer Pink Floyd. For me it comes down to "Working Man" against "Money". Yeah maybe you've heard it too many times but "Money" is a big tune that's never going away, the solo is off the wall. Da Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Da Da Da Da!!!

• 3 years ago

Rush, definite, King purple, ELP, Tull, Kansas have been the middle of the early revolutionary Rock. It exchange into meant extra as experimental Rock somewhat than the Jazz Rock that revolutionary has exchange into. Me i discover little in hassle-loose between Tull and definite as an occasion. you do no longer see the Jazz chords and progressions that definite is so prepared on. Rush makes use of commonplace Rock progressions in general yet with a solid Classical impression and the various tightest enjoying. Rush and definite the two had extroidenary musicians. With Floyd Gilmore and Waters have been the two extroidenary musicians yet something of Floyd isn't extroidenary. ELP tended in direction of lean on the technical ability yet centred on melody experimentation. The defining element of revolutionary rock exchange into this is classical impacts, experimental aspects of their composisitions and the ambitious of their music.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Pink Floyd put out the greatest 5 album peak ever with Meddle, DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and The Wall. No band can compete with that.

• 8 years ago

Rush is more fun than Floyd!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Pink Floyd, im not a big fan of Rush..

• 5 years ago

Rush for sure

• 8 years ago

they are both definitley awsome bands, Pink Floyd is my favorite, but it all depends on your mood and what your feeling at the time

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Rush! Pink Floyd gets really annoying what with all the Wizard of Oz crap and people thinking they're the best band ever cuz they get stoned and listen to 'em.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.