Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why are conservatives against NAFTA?

Lower taxes for corporations and freer trade among willing participants in different countries.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • evlma
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Republicans are the middle of the country. NAFTA hurts the USA and helps those who don't treat us fairly. It's an equalize all countries plot, and it's not Republican, but there is much confusion about all the implications and the government likes it that way.

NAFTA was a pre screwing to soften us up for open borders, Soros crap.

Unions are not against NAFTA, they play like they are against NAFTA, but the leaders are all for it because they are not all about the Unions, they are about destroying the USA and their push follows Soros and it's world wide. They worked heavily with Soros on the "Arab Spring". They are about a world wide agenda that is extremely unfriendly to the common person. They are about world wide equalization of income and wealth, but not for them, for YOU

• 4 years ago

i'm for capitalism and unfastened commerce, even nonetheless it variety of feels that each and every time the government gets in contact, we finally end up with greater harm created than solid. My theory of unfastened commerce and capitalism isn't the monopolizing that we see on the instant. working example, all of our small farmers are being pushed out of employer because of the fact of issues like NAFTA. The conglomerates force them out and that they very own our legislators with the aid of lobbying. i will call distinctive circumstances have been government has created greater harm than solid. and since the 1st respondent has already noted, that is totally one-sided and unfair... lower back by way of our very own government.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because it is a plan crafted to harm the United States of America. other than that, I can't think of a good one.

I had forgot that unions are against nafta, Now I am for it.

• 9 years ago

Because it does not address the difference in economies. If one country has people who will work for $2 an hour and our country pays $20 an hour...how can we compete? It was a slap in the face to American business owners.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

NAFTA helped make it possible for the major auto companies (and many others) to start the "assembled in Mexico" tradition of losing US jobs to our neighbor.

Look up the unemployment rate in Mexico. They are doing better than we are...thanks in part to NAFTA

• 9 years ago

That's Hilarious! A Democrat signed NAFTA!

And I thought Democrats wanted higher taxes on corporations - GUESS NOT.

• 9 years ago

Funny it seems it is the democrats crying on a daily basis about unions forcing companies to move over seas, so I don't have any clue what you are talking about.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They'd say something along the lines of reducing the amount of available jobs in the United States, when they wouldn't want those jobs. They'd also say there is a disparity in the movement of of currency along borders, even though that is a natural progression as Mexico industrializes and Canada receives benefits for their chemical production.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Unions are against NAFTA, not conservatives.

• 9 years ago

It isn't a fta. Its the government picking the winners and losers which is why the libs love it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.