gir asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 years ago

9/11 national holiday...?

My personal opinion is that it should. I mean we have Marther Luther king day off of school, but we 9/11 we just should morn who lost. I am not related to anyone in new york ,but my mom is a firefighter so it is like losing someone we know. I think it should be it is the biggest Attack in American history!

I was wondering what other teens felt

Favorite Answer

It wasn't the largest attack in US history. If anything Pearl Harbor was larger.

It was a tragedy but I don't know if if should be a national remembrance day. However a lot of other tragedies have holidays, including Pearl Harbor, so it makes sense that it will get one eventually.

Actually, Pearl Harbor was not larger. 2,403 Americans died. Almost 3,000 died on 9/11.

9/11 was the biggest terrorist attack on American soil. However, I do not think it should be a holiday.

It's a day of remembrance. What happened on September 11, 2001, was a horrible thing and will NEVER be forgotten. But we can't take every 9/11 off, life still has to go on. We have to move forward as a country.

And holidays are like a celebration. And 9/11 definitely is not a celebration.

• Jess

I don't think it should.

There have been many attacks on The U.S in history, and 9/11 was a big, and scary one, but it wasn't the biggest. Attacks on our country should be remembered, but not be made a national holiday.

Should we never forget that terrible day, of course. But if we were to make 9/11 a holiday, we would have to make every other battle and attack on our country a holiday; and that would be too many holidays.

I think the moment of silences we have every year is enough.

Every year their are always tributes about 9/11 on 9/11. I think that's more than enough to morn who's been lost; we don't need a day off.

• ?

I agree about it should be a national holiday because so many people lost their lives that day. But that attack was not the biggest on America, Pearl Harbor was.

I don't think we should. We should always remember and mourn for those lost, BUT there is a point where we should lay things to rest. Dwelling on the past is no way to live. Having a moment of silence makes sense, or having a school assembly maybe. But I don't see why it should be a national holiday...

• ?

I think it should be a day of rememberance but not a holiday persay....and hun Peral Harbour was bigger... I didnt know anyone in the 9/11 attacks but my grandfather had best friends in the Peral Harbour attacks...and it.s not a Holiday

not a holiday. The definition of a holiday is

A day of festivity or recreation when no work is done.

that doesnt sit well considering how tragic 9/11 was

Not a holiday I just think it should be a day for remembering those whobwe lost.

• Coug

I'm an adult but i agree!