gir asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 years ago

9/11 national holiday...?

My personal opinion is that it should. I mean we have Marther Luther king day off of school, but we 9/11 we just should morn who lost. I am not related to anyone in new york ,but my mom is a firefighter so it is like losing someone we know. I think it should be it is the biggest Attack in American history!

I was wondering what other teens felt

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It wasn't the largest attack in US history. If anything Pearl Harbor was larger.

It was a tragedy but I don't know if if should be a national remembrance day. However a lot of other tragedies have holidays, including Pearl Harbor, so it makes sense that it will get one eventually.

• 9 years ago

Actually, Pearl Harbor was not larger. 2,403 Americans died. Almost 3,000 died on 9/11.

9/11 was the biggest terrorist attack on American soil. However, I do not think it should be a holiday.

It's a day of remembrance. What happened on September 11, 2001, was a horrible thing and will NEVER be forgotten. But we can't take every 9/11 off, life still has to go on. We have to move forward as a country.

And holidays are like a celebration. And 9/11 definitely is not a celebration.

• Jess
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I don't think it should.

There have been many attacks on The U.S in history, and 9/11 was a big, and scary one, but it wasn't the biggest. Attacks on our country should be remembered, but not be made a national holiday.

Should we never forget that terrible day, of course. But if we were to make 9/11 a holiday, we would have to make every other battle and attack on our country a holiday; and that would be too many holidays.

I think the moment of silences we have every year is enough.

Every year their are always tributes about 9/11 on 9/11. I think that's more than enough to morn who's been lost; we don't need a day off.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I agree about it should be a national holiday because so many people lost their lives that day. But that attack was not the biggest on America, Pearl Harbor was.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I don't think we should. We should always remember and mourn for those lost, BUT there is a point where we should lay things to rest. Dwelling on the past is no way to live. Having a moment of silence makes sense, or having a school assembly maybe. But I don't see why it should be a national holiday...

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I think it should be a day of rememberance but not a holiday persay....and hun Peral Harbour was bigger... I didnt know anyone in the 9/11 attacks but my grandfather had best friends in the Peral Harbour attacks...and it.s not a Holiday

• 9 years ago

not a holiday. The definition of a holiday is

A day of festivity or recreation when no work is done.

that doesnt sit well considering how tragic 9/11 was

• 9 years ago

Not a holiday I just think it should be a day for remembering those whobwe lost.

• Coug
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I'm an adult but i agree!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.