appleguy asked in SportsTennis · 9 years ago

Why is serena williams immensely disliked?

Favorite Answer

I will simply say that whenever someone starts off a sentence with the line: "I'm not racist but", it generally means that they are going to say something racist.

And whenever someone says something about the "gender" of an athlete, it means they are sexist and probably racist too.

With that in mind, the reasons why Serena Williams is immensely disliked is pretty obvious (when you are referring to American tennis fans).

I am most certainly not a racist, but this woman is extremely annoying. She acts like a brat when she is corrected, like today at the US finals. She was in the wrong and she tried to pretend she did not understand what the umpire was telling her. She has been playing tennis long enough to know the rules. Then she pretends to be all so sweet and nice to Sam Stosur after the match. I guess she knew people were watching and this false show of niceness would improve her image.

I am happy to see she dressed well at this tournament and not the normal Trashy way she dresses. She could lose the earrings though. Also what is with her family in the box. I am sorry, but they all look trashy, with the exception of Venus who always looks classy.

Also there is nothing worse than so called religious people who act in a disgraceful manner. hardly a christian attitude.

I agree with Chuck. Although, I'm mostly neutral with her; but there are times that I am embarrassed for her. People either don't like her because of this or because they are racist.

Coz she has HUGE attitude problem.

There's no doubt she's a great player, but her attitude is stinking up her reputation.

After yesterday's match, doubt anyone would respect her as a player anymore...

• She is a man playing in a womens sport

She has zero class

She plays when and where she wants

She is a filthy steriod enhanced missing link

pick your best answer

She has a major attitude problem. She makes things personal as well. "you're unattractive inside", "I'll shove this tennis racket down your throat". Seriously ?!?

I'm with Shaymus.

She always comes across as fake.

She's a poor sport,a sore loser and a phony.Her vicious nasty outbursts are similar to men who use steroids. hmm.....

• She is routinely classless on tour. Not to mention when she tries to be nice it comes across as fake.