Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 9 years ago

What does this numbness in my face mean?

Ok so Im 17 years old and was playing some backyard football when i bumped heads with a friend where his forehead hit right below my eye in the area of my high cheek. I have a black eye which was expected but am feeling some numbness on that side of my lips and that side of my nose and part of that cheek. What does this numbness mean and how should i get it treated?

• imsety

See your health care provider as soon as possible (primary care or neurologist), for consultation. Numbness and tingling in the face has various causes. Trauma (sports activity) or disease that affects nerves in the face, medications, alcohol abuse and vitamin deficiency may all contribute to facial numbness and tingling. Treating the condition involves determining the cause of symptoms.

Treatment may include:

Ibuprofen

Tricyclin--Antidepressants

Anti-seizure medication may also be prescribed as directed.

I hope this helps you. And good luck.

You need to see a doctor. There could be some temporary nerve damage but its better for a doctor to determine that.

nicely you sound very youthful yet a number of the indicators sound such as you have had a mini stroke. i might carry this to the attention of your mum and dad or relatives physician very quickly. optimistically I honestly have it incorrect.