Bruce asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

Sore Achilles Tendon after jumping?

I was playing volleyball yesterday and my achilles starting to have a dull pain not very noticeable. But I have a tournament next week, and I am a starter. My calf is also very sore when i touch it. I happend after i was jumping. What can I do to mak sure I'm ready for the tourny

# edit thanks for the answers guys, I have very skinny legs and weak ankles, would an ankle brace help me out Thanks!!!

• Connor

You probably have a case of tendonitis, which is very common in athletes. Just follow RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.

Stretch out your calf and achilles often and gently (don't force anything that is overly painful).

It should be fine by next week if you take it easy. This may mean going easy or not practicing for a couple days too. If it's important you start and do the tourny next week then practice is less important.

If the pain bothers you a lot take anti-inflamatories for the pain. Like Motrin, Aleve, or Advil.

-Connor

Source(s): Pre Med and an Athlete
  • .

ice it , then take it easy until your tournament.