How does this make working moms feel?

I always notice stay at home moms (whether it be on television, social networking sites, etc.) say things that would bother me as a mother who HAS to work. For example, this post comes and goes around often..

Do I work? Ummm, yes! I am a MOM. That makes me an alarm clock, a cook, a maid, a waitress, a teacher, a nanny, a nurse, a handyman, a security officer, a photographer, a counselor, a chauffeur, a lifelong student, an event planner, a personal assistant, an ATM, & a comforter. I don't get holiday's, sick pay or day's off. I work through the day & night. I am on call at all hours the rest of my life.

But doesn't a woman who works 40 hours a week do all of these things as well? I know it's not easy to entertain a baby all day and yes someone else is doing some of that work while you're at work, but after 9-5 working moms come home and still do 95% of these things but in only 5 hours instead of having ALL day. Props to working moms, your efforts are great (:

Whoa whoa whoa! I don't even have children! It's just an observation. You are lucky to be able to raise your own child, have more time for special moments with them, and still be able to get things done in the meantime. I just don't understand if it's these moms who feel less adequate because I find them complaining even more than the working moms who I feel have the harder situation. Just an observation/opinion.

• K-Lo
    Favorite Answer

Eh, it doesn't bother me. I don't feel the need to justify myself. I think sometimes moms feel underappreciated, so they feel like they have to point out everything they do.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I work part time ( right now) I have children and have worked full time, not all and part time in between. Being a mother is alot of work and sometimes I enjoy going to work to get a break from it just for a litte..even though when I come home it will all be waiting for me. I enjoy motherhood and my career that's why I choose to have the best of both worlds..though I do understand some mother's do not have a choice and have to work full time and that's where I get where you are coming from with this, I am maybe just trying to help you see why some stay at home parents might think it is alot of work. I can see where both sides are coming from. The only reason I am part time is because it does not pay me to work full time, I make decent money but not alot and half of my money would be going to child care and the other half to our family where as part time, I have someone in the family that can watch my children. I know, we all hear this alot.

I'm a working mom. It doesn't bother me what other moms think/say. If I won the lottery I'd gladly be with my kids all day but I have to work and I'm fine with it.

You can be bothered by whatever you wished to be bothered by.

Though I am not bothered when a working mom complains or vents a bit. We should have a the right to do a bit of venting regardless of our job or our position in life.

Harder is in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone has it tough and easy in their own way.

It isn't an attack on you and the fact you work. I don't understand how you see it that way. Of course women in the workforce also have the job as mother.

It is attacking the people who say 'they sit and watch soaps and eat bon bons all day"

Why the guilt?

what mom2max said. i believe this is one of the main problems in the "mommy wars." one person's saying "i'm busy and spending my time in a valuable way" is just that -- not a disparagement of, or even relevant to, what anybody else does. you are the one making it into a competition with the question.

I agree, but honestly, if you didn't want all this, then why did you have child? It sounds like your husband needs to help you out more as well. Think of all the single moms out there, and realize you don't have it so bad. He needs to realize that you two are a team. My mom did all this AND held down a job. Don't make a choice and then complain about your mistake.

I don't get it either. I'm still a mom...