Daughter wont call boyfriend dad?

I have a 10 year old daughter.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 weeks, and he mostly lives here because he doesn't have a place to crash.

I told her I would like it if she called him dad, and she said no. Im very upset that she wont call him dad, So I told her to get out.

Its been a few days now that shes back from her friends, and I want to bring this up again.

How can I get her to call him dad? This is making me very upset.

It may be upset that they got into a phyiscal fight a week or so ago, But I don't think that should still reflect on her feelings.

He has only physically hurt her once.

Everyone, please stop being so damn rude.

Everyone, EVERYONE stop being rude!

I am NOT a horrible mother, infact I am a fine one.

I would call MY mothers boyfriend dad if it made them happy, I dont know about you.

I acutally care about other peoples feelings.

Favorite Answer

FAIL

YOu are kind of a whacked out mother to ask your daughter to call some guy who you dont know but 5 weeks, dad. You should not even introduce this guy who may be god knows what to your daughter until you have known him for at least a few months and then some. YOu sound like a very screwy mother and your daughter is right on this one. Thank god my mother was not this way.

It seems like you should take some time to consider your daughters feelings. I mean, she is 10 years old, shes not a baby, she obviously knows this man isnt her father. And you've only been with this guy for 5 weeks....thats a little over a month and you want your daughter to use such a serious title for him??? that seems quite selfish of you. Its her choice to call him dad or not and you can't force her to. Jeez...im upset FOR your daughter.

Do not force her to call him dad, it will feel like you are telling her to replace her real dad with him in her mind. If she doesn't think of him that way, then it's a bad idea to make her use these sorts of titles. In these sorts of situations, you must be very understanding of her, and her feelings, no matter how difficult it may be.

-Some random person

P.S. Alright, after details, it does sound a lot like you're trolling, if you're not. Dump your boyfriend, he's a jerk, or threaten to dump him if he doesn't respect your daughter THEN DO IT.

I want to say something with respect to you and the situation you are in. Me and my girlfriend have been together for 4 years and I would never expect him to call her "Mom." Please look at how she feels about the situation. She doesn't want to call someone dad that is not her dad and not to mention you have only been dating your bf for five weeks. Would you want your mother to tell you to call her boyfriend dad if you were in your daughter's shoes?

you are seriously a poor excuse for a mother! first you put your unborn baby through the risk of being a "cocaine baby" (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=As76C... then you want to put your son up for adoption so you can unsuccessfully claim child support, or leave him with your sorry excuse of a coke addict stepfather so you can leave him and live with your boyfriend (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Agrd9... and now, your angry that your 10 year old won't call your sorry a$$ boyfriend "dad"? Seriously....nobody really cares if you're fat skinny or normal. get OVER yourself Troll and stop pissing people off!

Source(s): common sense

Hey, why don't we take a ride in my van, alone, just the two of us, and we can talk about this. We're going to need some time to hash this out. We can have a nice picnic in a secluded I mean in a nice forest near my house.

Let her do what she wants.

5 weeks is little.

Have a little respect for her okay?

She could be going through some stuff.

You seem like a alcoholic/drug addicted woman who relies on men and chooses men over their own children.

Some advice, GET SOME HELP.

5 weeks huh... and she's 10 years old.... do you actually listen to yourself?

Yeah you care about peoples feelings except your own daughter's

YOU SUCK AS A HUMAN.... period

This is coming from a father... I would never expect nor forcce my daughter to call my second wife mom.... unless she wants to.

Source(s): I agree with Coco.... sounds like a troll story

You're either really dumb and a terrible excuse for a mother or you're a troll.

You've been with him for 5 weeks. You expect your daughter to consider him a father? What has he done for her?

• ?

5 weeks? Really?