SHOULD I GO ON THIS SCHOOL FIELD TRIP???? 10 PTS TO FAST ANSWER?

im 14 & At the end of this month my school's njrotc is going on a trip and i signed up to go but im not sure if i should go anymore because of the whole 9/11 stuff because people are saying there will be bombs coming to NYC etc. And we are going to nyc to visit the world trade center and other stuff. , road island and boston. I dont know if its safe to go im really scared.

Favorite Answer

You should definitely go! 9/11 was obviously a very scary event but it was 10 years ago now. People are always going to make threats to places like NYC, and Washington because they are major cities. And the reason their were threats today was because it was the tenth anniversary. But trust me when I say that if you don't go, you will be missing out. I went to NYC last year and it was amazing. We went to ground zero as well, but at the time the big museum and memorial were not done.

Please go, you will have such a fun time! There's nothing to be afraid of.

• ?

As a man who was raised under the shadow of terrorism from the IRA I learnt one HUGE, valuable lesson.

If you change your lifestyle because you fear them then the B*stards win!!!!!

If you are in NJROTC then are you planning on going into the Navy?

Taking this attitude now will not help when you need to go to a war zone

Go, enjoy the trip, whilst there pay homage to those who died on 9/11, both innocent victims and those who went into the buildings to save lives of their own free will.

Then find the tallest building that will let you go to the top, stand up there with your class and raise your single fingered salute to those who will threaten your freedom by terrorist acts.

The IRA barely missed me twice. I was within 200 yards of the Cavendish Square bomb and drove past the Baltic exchange 5 minutes before they blew that up.

In both cases I went back to London the following day. YES! I was scared. NO! I would NOT change my life because of them!!

Ray

Source(s): 46 years of living in God`s own country

Don't be scared. New York is a beautiful place to visit. You shouldn't worry about the flight there, because airline security is far too controlled these days. There isn't even a slight chance that something will occur. Don't worry, go with, and enjoy the amazing city of Manhattan.

Source(s): Experience

You should go because by that time it will all be over and they would of bombed today (9/11) so don't miss out on a good feild trip :)

If you're that scared, then, no. Stay at home and hide in your closet, because you are never guaranteed being safe. Or, you could get out and enjoy the world and your life, like most people do.

I'm sure the U.S.'s security has increased ever since 9/11. Go, for you don't want to miss this unique experience.

Sounds like he does like you. He went out of his way to just so happen show up at the mall the same day and time you did and followed you around. Guys are confusing, but this sounds like a definite yes. Good Luck!:)

No need to worry your teachers woulde take you if they could be in doubt about being safe

just stay home sick. u're better off to stay in bed all day. u can always look at the pictures other ppl post online from it.

security is TIGHT these days. you'll be fine. and, it'll be an amazing experience. go for it :]