What grade should a person start thinking about college?

What do you think is the appropriate grade for a person to start thinking what college he/she wants to go to, what career he/she wants to pursue etc?

I'm a sophomore and wondering if I should start looking at colleges online and looking at careers or just wait until I'm closer to graduating. Do you think it's too early? Should I wait until I'm a junior?

• Shars
    Favorite Answer

I would suggest waiting until you're a junior. Until then, enjoy school, work hard, engage in extracurricular activities and community service.

I think any grade is fine to start thinking about a career. But a student shouldn't lock themselves into a career or specific college before 11th grade. There is so much that can change and picking one career too early limits your possibilities.

If you like a subject now, then feel free to explore it. But still be open to the possibility of you liking a different career/subject. I would hold off on specific college searches until junior year.

My daughter started planning in grade 2 and we started to get serious when she was in grade 10.