Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 9 years ago

Is nascar only for rednecks?

I stumbled on nascar on tv an it was kinda cool. I mean i always hated it because i thought it was just for "white trash rednecks" and i hate all things redneck. But it did seem kinda cool. Do only rednecks in the south watch it?

Favorite Answer

nope its for fans of all backgrounds

and if you knew the meaning of a true "redneck" you just might be shocked

nascar was of a bootlegger background than redneck

If you think NASCAR is only for rednecks, then you have to admit they are pretty intellegent people for knowing how to build those race cars. I'm sure any redneck would proudly take recognition for that. Rednecks must be awfully smart to build a NASCAR race car. Do you think only a redneck can build such a beautiful piece of machinery to compete in NASCAR. Can rednecks generate more fans than other sporting event. These redneck people you speak of, they must be better than the average citizen. Come to think of it the average citizen in the U.S. today barely have a grasp on the English language let alone to know the difference between a pinion gear or a thrust washer. Somehow I think these rednecks are getting help from somewhere. I wonder who is helping them.

No. I'm a southern belle and I love Nascar. Most of the people are rednecks and from the south but not all. Rednecks are really cool people once you get to know them.

I'm from Southern California, I love Nascar and consider myself to be redneck. I am however not a cowboy. I wear a pit cap not a cowboy hat and work boots rather than cowboy boots. I love God, my family, and my F150. I can ride a horse but its not my thing. There are rednecks from California, and there is probably a Texas born liberal, gay, cowboy somewhere. So........Nascar is not only for rednecks, it just seems to attract us.

Why do you think all rednecks are white trash? Is working hard for your living trashy. People assume we are all toothless ignorant racists. Your question clearly shows your own prejudice. You know what they say about people who live in in glass houses?

Source(s): They shouldn't throw stones.

you do realize the term redneck comes from organized labor right?? In the '20s in WV the mining companies were pretty enslaving their workers in WV and labor decided to fight back and organized an army to combat the hired guns and the national guard. They tied red bandana's around their necks when they marched up blair mountain and fought

That being i am a redneck and i live in the south(my whole life LOL) and guess what you can watch anything u want surprisingly i have been known to catch a symphony from time to time and have beento Europe( a shock I know). I am insulted you wanna sterotype as stupid.

I live in the South and I like NASCAR. But am I a redneck? No, or I don't think I am.

The people that watch NASCAR are the same kind of people that watch drag racing, football, baseball, basketball and hockey. I guess those are white trash redneck sports to then. Also not all rednecks are white trash. Also from what I see there's just as many black people that live in trailers as white people. Also not all live in trailers, I've lived in a house with a foundation all my life. Lastly not all rednecks watch NASCAR just like not all people that do watch are rednecks. Maybe if you learn how to not be so ignorant you'll see things the way they really are.

Rednecks from the south. I am from Tennessee and traveled many times to Illinois and up state New York. I consider myself country and have meet more(stereotypical) REDNECKS up north.

I'm not a redneck and I love NASCAR. I live in the north

• mbl

I love Nascar and I am an educated non redneck.

Nascar is for anyone who likes racing.I suspose there are a few rednecks or deadheads who watch Nascar but that's ok.