What does a tetragrammaton sign mean? Or an inverted pentagram?

I know it is basically a sign for evil, and apparently noooo one knows what exactly tetragrammaton means. But I have the sign on ashirt. Its for this anime, no I am not a satanist. But I'm rather curious. Cuz I want to know what I am walking around with on my clothing, ya know? And it is said the sign im talking about, well someone invented it. I think the show is cool and all, but if it is from a weird satanist cult, maybe I should consider wearing the shirt in public. But if it is JUST the sign on of a demon, I don't really care. It's all fiction. But here is the picture of it, If it helps.

http://eustox.com/images/tetragrammaton.jpg and this is the actual symbol from the show that is on my shirt: see, it is inverted, the others arent. http://animeklub.com/store/zencart/images/BLACK%20...

Thank you so much!:D

EDIT> Well then why does it have the tetragrammaton on it? :o

• Sue
    Favorite Answer

The above poster is dead right, that's a pentacle (five pointed star within a circle as opposed to pentagram which is just the five pointed star)

The pentagram has been used for centuries and goes right back to ancient civilisations, every culture in the world has used it and atributed their own ideas to the meaning of the five points, including christianity :)

The reason that the upside down or inverted pentagram is associated with satanism is because of the association with the goat headed god. This comes basically from one book written by Eliphas Levi. From him we get this association. The symbol was meant to represent 'baphomet' the goat headed god - the top two points are his horns, then his ears and then his nose at the bottom. in actuality baphomet was in fact a corruption of the word 'Mohammed' by people not familiar with the langauage - and was part of the propaganda of the crusades. It has since been discussed at length by scholars and satanists and still they come back to the same thing :)

In modern Wicca - that's the traditional sort not the eclectic, the inverted pentagram denotes second degree initiation and the journey within to Know Thyself. So, there you have it :)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I know it is basically a sign for evil, and apparently noooo one knows what exactly tetragrammaton means. But I have the sign on ashirt. Its for this anime, no I am not a satanist. But I'm rather curious. Cuz I want to know what I am walking around with on my clothing, ya know? And it is said...

Source(s): tetragrammaton sign inverted pentagram: https://tr.im/MvGx3

Tetragrammaton Definition

• Mitta

It is believed that when you invert a symbol, you indicate the opossite of the symbol's meaning.

- Healing becomes decaying

- Guidance becomes misleading

So on...

- A Pentagram stands for protection against evil.

= An inverted Pentagram (or Pentacle) means letting evil in.

It represents the path of Venus in the night sky over a year. Almost every religion and culture uses or has used the pentagram at some point.

It's not a tetragrammaton.

Tetragrammaton is the four letter name of God - JHVH or YHWH

What you have is a pentacle or pentagram.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_pent.htm

• Peso

the inverted pentagram is a symbol of energy entering from the crown chakra from above, All point down symbols in Satanism represent energy from above descending and giving life to, and empowering the human soul. and putting the energy back into the earth. instead of shooting it up into space and draining mother earth of her energy.

Source(s): joyofsatan.com