How did/do you deal with loosing a baby?

Hi I lost my baby boy at 21 weeks due to fifths disease on july 1st. I'm still trying to cope with loosing him since he was going to be my first baby. Slowing I am getting closure, but I don't think I will be able to ever get over it. I would give anything in the world to still have him (I was due in november). Recently I have been noticing that I don't want anything to do with babies or toddlers that are boys. I guess this is just my way of grieving. I guess every time I do see a baby boy I just think damn my baby boy could have been this big one day and this cute. I know there are a lot of "what ifs" but its just my way of coping for now. What are some ways you have coped with loosing a baby? Is this normal for me to be feeling?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I'm sorry you lost your baby. It is hard and you will grieve - give yourself time to heal and don't beat yourself up for grieving. I lost my first baby at 12 weeks (on Christmas Eve) and was devastated it took me 3 or 4 months to fully recover emotionally. Lots of crying and prayer (and my husband bringing me Dr Pepper) helped me cope but What actually helped me most was my cousin going through a miscarriage 3 months later and being able to support her with understanding even though her family didn't. I guess being able help someone in my own situation helped me. But even then my other cousin had a baby near my babies due date and I didn't want to hold him or see him or anything because we had the same due dates and all I could think was about how I should have had my baby then too. I had those emotions even though I was already about 2 months pregnant at that time.

There are support groups out there where you can talk to others who have lost a child. Your local hospital should be able to direct you to a group in your area.

I know my babies (I have lost 3) are in Heaven waiting to meet me someday. Yours too is safe in God's hands.

Source(s): Mommy to 2 beautiful toddlers and 3 angels

This is normal for you every person grieves in their own way just Keep talking your feeling out with family and close friends and if that doesnt seem to help go and tell your doctor of the feelings that you have also what I would do is stop thinking of the what ifs the what could of bins and focus on the nows on the things that could b I would take up a hobby and I would keep myself busy and only think of the positives that are happening in my life now...if your going to be happy you have to learn to accept what has already happened and move forward and remember if it was meant to be it would have been and that when the time is right you'll have the opprotunity to have another child and that this time you'll do things differently.

I did in January at sixteen. I relatively adored the man, and afterwards I promised myself that I might under no circumstances be like each person else and say that I regretted it, although he changed into a jerk or some thing which on the time I used to be definite he would not do. We'd been going out for approximately a month and a part and I'd identified him for years earlier than that. He used to be my first dating. At the time, despite the fact that the enjoy wasn't first-rate, I knew it used to be what I desired and I should not have performed it another approach. As it became out, he'd been napping together with his ex in the course of our dating and afterward with a couple of different persons whilst we had been in combination for the 5 months. He then handled me lovely really. But I can not remorse it, I are aware of it used to be what I desired on the time and should not have performed it a further approach.