Why are people nasty about spellings you choose!!!!?

My daughters name is Kalista with a k!!!! People say its dumb with a k. But I like it bc its diff, and made her have diff initials than me, and the same after her great grandmother. I don't get why people complain when its not their child.

Favorite Answer

people are just rude and don't like when other people do things "out of the ordinary." I personally like it. I love when peoples names are spelled different.

• Because it reflects on YOU and it makes the CHILD look bad and that makes people ANGRY. It makes people ANGRY when you mess with a spelling because people won't take her as seriously and will assume that you are a nitwit, and therefore they will assume that your child-raising skills would be subpar.

WHY, oh WHY is it SOOO important for your child to be "different??" I get that it's the trend right now to stand out, but personally I think it's selfish and attention-calling. Calista is fine. I mean, Kalista I like less. Calista already is a unique name, why do you have to go further? It makes people mad I guess, just because you don't think and just "do what everyone els is doing: meaningless, 'different,' made-up names."

I don't see a problem with it. As long as the name isn't something ridiculous like changing Elizabeth to "Allizahbeythh", then I think its fine. I really like Kalista with K better then a C. :)

• Em

I don't have a problem with it. Usually I dislike when people change spellings of names, but if it's just a C to a K, or I, to a Y, I don't really see a problem with it. In the end, it doesn't matter what other people think, it is your daughter, and you like her name.

i like the k. I think ppl need to learn how to express their opinion without being rude or anything like that.

I think it's pretty! (: