Mother worried about ghosts?

I don't believe in ghosts for one, and my mother has been insistent this week that my dead grandmother's ghost visited her. The evidence:

-a dream in which she saw her

-someone (or the ghost) ding dong ditched our house

-upon leaving my deceased grandmother's house, some song came on that was about goodbyes

Do you think this evidence constitutes an encounter with a ghost?

If not, how can I convince her so? She is pretty freaked out over it :P

Favorite Answer

I highly doubt you will be able to convince her otherwise, but you are smart to not believe in ghosts. My mother does the same stuff now and again, imagining her mother's ghost. I think it is part of the grieving process to believe the dead are still with you. For some people it is comforting. Maybe you should try to comfort your mother, she should not be freaked out.

If you can't reason with her, play along. If your mom thinks her mother is a ghost, tell her she is just watching over her, maybe your mother will feel better then.

- I dreamed I was an old west ranger once. I've dreamed I could fly. Dreams are not indicators of reality. They are dreams and signify nothing. It is common to dream of people you'd like to see or haven't seen in a while.

- Ask her which is more likely, a prank or her dead mother communicating with her through the doorbell?

- How many songs about saying goodbye are there and how often does she think they play when she is not leaving her late mother's place? I'm betting if she listens to soft rock or country stations, they play all the time. How often has she left there and the song is not about goodbyes? It's a coincidence.

Look up James Randi and Joe Nickel. If there is a reported supernatural phenomenon, they've investigated it and shown it was really nothing magical at all. You'll find a wealth of information if you Google either of them.

You can't reason with morons.