Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Why do english speakers not understand female anatomy?

Why do they think the vulva is a "vagina"?

Do they realize that the vagina is the fleshy tube inside of the woman where the penis goes, and thus hidden to sight?

Roxie, yes, I know they do that but I don't think men do that so much. The word 'pussy' for example nicely accommodates the whole of female genitalia but the word "penis or "balls" does not do the same for male genitalia; female genitalia is more of a single unit. As such, it's best for men to refer to "junk".

fmofogas, how is it more explicit? I think the 'inside' definitely looks less aesthetic than the outside and I think most people would agree.

When you refer to female external genitalia as "vagina" it's almost like talking about people's bottoms (buttocks) and saying someone has a "nice anus".

Favorite Answer

Its not that they don't understand female anatomy, just that they don't know the correct names.

Your generalizing every english speaking person which makes your statement false

But anyways it's because the female private parts are pretty taboo to even speak about. some schools even go so far as to not include or block out the female genitalia from health books.

So it leaves some pretty ignorant about what a vagina even looks like unless you've had sex, watched porn or looked up female anatomy on your own.

And even if you have done the first two you still might not know what something is without looking it up.

My good sir i have been studying under Professor Lezley McMuffini at the university of Lesbos for 7 years. I'm a full qualified Doctor of pu$$y I think i know the difference between a vulva and a vagina. Including the labia majora, mons pubis, labia minora, clitoris, bulb of vestibule, vulval vestibule, greater and lesser vestibular glands not to mention Skene's gland, G-spot and the opening of the vagina. Good day sir!

I think they use it to denote the entire genital region much like men might denote their combined genitalia with reference to only either 'balls' or 'penis'. I'm pretty sure most women know the difference between the vagina and the vulva.

It's common in English to have the exact meaning of the word change through daily use.

Haha lol. look up the meaning of the word explicit. It doesn't mean 'bad' it means 'specific'. lolz.

Source(s): My vagina.

No guy, in case you r a wannabie you are able to becuase you get was once a wannabie.( in case you wanna be a gangstar, you desire to talk like one. so, you study it.) i'm a grunge and that i do no longer dig Hip hop.

I'm sure they are well aware of the difference but do not feel the need to be more explicit.

You sound like you have sand in your vagina.

• Dunkin

why do you care???? a good majority of the English language is slang, vagina, pussy, ****, beaver etc... this all means the same thing.

• Cara

Do you mean English native speakers? Technically, you are an English speaker.