Should I join the Army or Marines?

I'm currently 16 and I have been considering joining the Army or Marines. I'm really looking for something that will challenge me, I believe both are tough and take discipline. My gut is telling me I should join the Marines. Also I would like to know about a comparison of benefits. Any extra information would be appreciated.

I would prefer if people with military experience answered this question.

• ICU
    Favorite Answer

Defintely the Navy! Learn a craft and ride the waves!

Source(s): U.S. Paratrooper

Take the ASVAB, and from there, speak to both an Army and Marine recruiter. Both will show you jobs you are eligible for. Go with the branch that gives you a job that you truly think you would enjoy. I had the same dilemma, Air Force vs. Army, and Army offered me a Public Affairs spot where Air Force wanted me to be Supply.

As a former recruiter.As far as current conditions I would reccomend the Army. They are under-manned, promoting faster and offering better incentives and bonuses for enlistment. The Marines are looking at downsizing and promotions are running slow. So right now, army is the way to go

Marines are much more challenging, but as for benefits you should go with Air Force or Navy.

No exp. But my buddy was in army infantry. He always made fun of marines