My younger sister is out of control what do i do?

I am 14 and my sister is 12. I am Lds so i have young womens and she just barely came into it she tells my friends such embarrasing stuff and personal stuff. I have no patience left. I have tried talking to her about it but she just yells at me. I dont know what to do. I sound like a bad person but i dont want her as a sister. Its geteting to that point were i am so sick and tired of her. I dont want to continue not liking her but idk what to do...

i also dont believe that revenge will solve the ultimate problem. Because ultimatly it will just make things worsw but thanks so much for all your answers

• Elsie
    Favorite Answer

I'm glad you have the sense to not go the revenge route, because eventually your little sister will grow out of this phase and you don't want to put a permanent wedge in your relationship.

If I were you, I would look at my behavior first. Based on personal experience, I know that sometimes older siblings don't treat younger siblings very well and younger siblings retaliate by embarrassing older siblings. So, continue to treat your little sister the way you would want her to treat you and tell her you love her, pay her compliments and invite her to do things with you.

If that doesn't do the trick then talk to her and tell her how much her behavior hurts you. Last resort, talk to a parent or Y.W. leader and have them talk to her and have it pointed out that when she does things like embarrass you by telling people personal things about you, that it harms her more than it harms you because it causes people to have a poor opinion of her.

Who wants to be a close friend with someone who can't keep personal information to themselves?

LDS mom and little sister

im 14 too.. buut i dont have a sister i have older brothers instead.. i kow what your sister is going through ive never gone through it but its sooooo obvious she is trying to act "cool" in front of your friends , and stuff like that she is acting out... So she cant be yelling at you when shes wrong!! So tell your mom to get her under control because your patience levels are through the roof.... and tell her that if she continues and you snap you cant be to blame because she doesnt stop when you say so and she doesnt talk to her, and if your mom doesnt tell her anything then you should just try to ignore her when your friends are over and avoid her... and then in a couple of years you can embarass her!!

You have two options:

Revenge or being really nice & making her realize how crazy she's acting.

Revenge-Be mean to her, but to avoid getting in trouble with parents, find loopholes. Such as a backhand compliment: "Oh, that shirt looks really nice on you! It really brings out your 'curves.' "

When she is embarrassing you, just whisper to your friend and say something such as:

"I'm sorry, she just hasn't talked to her therapist and it's driving her crazy." (That will cause your friend to avoid your sister at all costs.)

"When I'm done talking, laugh and give her a look of disapproval. Kay? Thanks!" (Laugh along with your friend.)

There also lots of ways to avoid this, such as going somewhere where your sister is NOT. (e.g. Your friends house) .

-Beforehand, telling your friend that your sister is weird and that she's also a dirty liar.

Hope I helped!

Source(s): having a sister

Is what your beloved sister saying true, or is she making stuff up???

There is a big difference between the two. Your sister is not the Bishop, so she is not sworn to secrecy.

Go to your sister privately, and tell her to please not tell your private behavior to other people. Don't threaten, don't do anything like that.

Then if she does not do this, or won't even promise to do this in the future, then...

bring down the power of God, so that this gossip will not happen again to you.

Fast secretly and privately, going without food and water for one day (and the night previous to, and the night after) and then go three days where you both eat food and drink water, and then do not drink any water or eat any food for one day.

Continue to do this fasting habit pattern for the rest of your life. Three one, three one, three one, three one...

In time, this will cause your sister to stop her bitter sibling attacks against you. Because the power of God will stop this, and it will cause your sister to repent. And both you and your sister will be better Latter Day Saints as a result of this.

You can complain, and you can commiserate, and you can allow sibling rivalry to gnarl your soul as you get older.

Or you can fast privately and secretely as a pattern and as a habit, and get whatever you want from God.

The scriptures say that this is true over and over again. Consider the case of Alma The Younger, and Ammon And His Brothers. They were doing a lot worse things than your sister is doing, and they repented.

Why did they repent??? Because someone else fasted and prayed that this would happen, and they did this very persistently.

After causing this to happen through faith with your sister, do not discontinue your fasting habit pattern. Continue it throughout your life. As time goes by, perhaps you will want to marry a good and righteous Temple Worthy husband.

By fasting as a habit, you can ask blessings of God, and God will give them to you. Maybe not instantly, but in time, if you continue to persist, God will certainly give you everything that you want, that you pray for and fast secretly and privately for in faith.

Pray that you and your sister will love each other. And fast for this. Then in the future, when you are married fast and pray that your husband loves you, and that your kids love you, and that your kids love each other.

Do you see how this can work???

There is no reason that you can not call down the infinite power of God into your own life, and in the lives of those around you. Skip a few meals one day (no food or water the entire day), every few days, and God must bless you, because God has promised that He will bless those who have faith, and then fast (privately and secretly), and then pray, and then persist and continue to do this as a habit.

God wouldn't lie about something like this. All that it takes is private obedience, and faith, and fasting, and prayer, and consistency, and doing it over and over again.

No evil in the World can stand against this method. Walls that seem impossible to get through will melt in front of you if you apply this method in your life. Simple as that.

Nothing can stand against faith. Nothing. Certainly your sister can not stand against it. Don't brag. Don't do anything like that. Fast in secret and God will reward you openly. That is God's promise.

Pray that your sister repents, and that you and your sister love each other like Mormon sisters should love each other.

Do all this and you cannot fail in getting what you want in life. And you will be so much happier as a result.

Persist. Always persist. Even when you stumble (we all do) continue to persist, and God will bless you, and God will give you what you want. That is God's promise. And God does not lie. Just the way it is.

God bless.

Enlist your parents help. If whats shes doing and saying is really inappropriate and you've given her fair warning ask your parents to talk to her. Tell her that dogging you isnt the right way to make friends.

I think that she's jealous of you for some reason. She thinks you're prettier, or smarter, or more popular, something. That she's revealing secrets to YOUR friends, either she wants them to not like you, or be more impressed with her.

what about talking to your mom, or your YW advisor? See if they might think the same thing I do.

Wont it be so great when you get to embarrass her in a couple years? Just hold on a bit longer it will be worth the wait

Have you talked to your parents about this?

If worse comes to worse you could tell your bishop and her young women's leaders as well. I'm sure she'd feel the pressure to stop if all of them talk to her about it.

• Idunno

Revenge: Embarasse her back. Tell her friends secrets.

Tell your parents.

Talk to her about it.

Source(s): 18 year old sister who used to do the same thing
  • ?

You sure sound LDS.

Get her to go to another church?