What does "Shipping is limited to Australian addresses only" mean?

I ordered a field hockey stick from a website and i did not realize it was an australian website. It let me put in my address, and i live in NY. The order confirmed and all. Then i went on the website to check shipping to see when it would arrive. Then the first sentence read, "Shipping is limited to Australian addresses only."

What i am wondering is if this means my item will not ship.

Favorite Answer

My guess is that your order will come back saying it cannot go through because of your location. It sounds like some of the smaller items on this Australian website are able to ship to the States, and that's why the option to enter your American address was available. However, I really can't imagine them shipping a hockey stick halfway across the world. If I were you, I would find the Contact page under this website and send them line, asking them if it's possible for your order to be shipped to your location. I called a bookstore once that didn't ship to Canada and asked if they would be willing to ship it a little further for me, and they agreed to it. I hope everything works out for you!

That's what it means - your item will not arrive. The reason some companies limit their shipping to only their own country is that the cost of shipping has become so great, and the number of items that disappear in the mail is also rising. If they processed your credit card and said your hockey stick was coming and it never arrived you would be angry and want your money back. In order not to have to deal with these types of customer problems, some companies will not ship outside their own country.

It means that shipping is limited to Australian addresses only. It's not that hard to understand.

Sometimes ecommerce websites do this because they don't want to hassle with international customs forms. There's no way to tell if they will ship to you or not, you'll probably have to send them an email and if you really want them to ship it.. then offer to pay more for the extra handling for all the forms.

Yeah, it won't ship. It means it only ships within Australian.

Ya i dont think itll ship