35 weeks pregnant and strange vaginal pain/sensation. What is this??!?

I will be 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow and recently I have been having this extremely strange pain/sensation in my vagina. The baby will move and it feels as if she has a needle and is poking the inside of my vagina. When this happens I get an intense urge to pee but I never have. I've never had my water broken manually but I almost imagine it would feel a little something like this. The pain usually only lasts for around 5 seconds and goes away. I have been having them off and on for a few days but they have increased quite a bit today. What could this be?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The baby could be pushing down on your cervix, your bladder, or a nerve. All of these could cause the needle sensation.

Also, if your ligaments are loosening up getting ready for the birth, the needle sensation could be nerves getting pinched by your pelvic bone. I've got pelvic symphasitis, which is the excessive "relaxation" of my ligaments and it causes the needle feeling. It also causes me to feel like my hip is going to disjoint if i get up from the floor too quickly, because I don't have the correct muscle support.

I have had my waters broken manually. Honestly, it feels like they pop a water balloon in you. You don't feel the hook they use going in. You feel nothing. Then you feel a tiny sudden tug, and all of a sudden fluid is pouring out of you. Exactly the same as having a water bomb pop.

If you're worried about it, I'd suggest going to a prenatal physiotherapist. Your midwife or ob/gyn could suggest one or refer you to one they trust. They'll give you positions you can sit in, exercises to do, etc, all to make it a little more comfortable for you.

Good luck and congrats.

Source(s): 19 weeks 4 days pregnant with #3. Pelvic Symphasitis with all three pregnancies. Had waters manually broken with first two labours.
  • 9 years ago

I have had the same thing off and on since about then! I have no idea what it is but I can tell you, my water hasn't broken yet (I am 38 weeks) and my baby is very healthy. I know that isn't the best answer but I hope it helps to know you are not alone.

• Baby V
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I also experienced that. When I mentioned it to my doctor she told me it was the baby pushing down on my cervix

• 9 years ago

Pressure of the baby, on your cervix. I remember that feeling very well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

they could be braxton hicks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.