I would like to purchase live bed bugs.?

I am planning on having my dog trained to detect bed bugs in homes and hotels. Is there anywhere I can purchase live specimens? Like a local pest service or a lab that is studying them?

• Jaime
    Favorite Answer

I would think that dead bed bugs would work just as well as live bed bugs for training your dog....however, I'm sure you can buy either dead or live bed bugs from anyone who has an infested house.

Post a "wanted" ad on Craigslist:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

Offer the best you can....$50, $40, etc. Sooner or later someone with bed bugs will see the ad and sell you some bed bugs.

I recommend local pick up only. I really doubt the U.S. Post Office wants to handle bed bugs.

Again, I would reconsider and ask for dead bed bugs only.

Also...check with your local authorities to see if "bed bug purchasing" is even legal. It's possible that what you have in mind is illegal. Call your local police and ask. Make sure you call the "non-emergency" phone number when you just need to ask a question.

Good luck.

-

lmao. Freaking A. Everyone knows you purchase bedbugs in the desert!

Source(s): Found some in ur mom's bed last night too. Hey-oh!

lol this question