Can you eat this while you are pregnant?

I was wondering if it was safe to eat Bologna during pregnancy as long as you warm it??? if so how long should it be warmed???

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Doctors say you should eat any sort of deli meat heated but I haven't heated any deli meat the entire time and my pregnancy has gone very well. Don't worry too much about the things they tell you. Alot of it is so unlikely you just end up freakin yourself out for no reason.

• 9 years ago

Warmed or unwarmed why wouldn't bologna be safe? I think you are over-thinking your diet. The only pregnancy no no's as far as food goes is caffeine, alcohol, fish, unpasteurized products, and raw meat (though raw meat is generally a no no whether you are pregnant or not). Some doctors are saying to avoid peanut products now because they think it may be related to the child developing a peanut allergy but there is no solid proof yet. Oh and obviously you want to avoid medications and drugs that haven't been approved for use during pregnancy by your doctor.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I craved Bologna when I was pregnant, I ate it cold and had it fried, all my kids were born very healthy. I say enjoy it how you want it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Should be fine. Your supposed to heat all lunch meats to a steam while pregnant to avoid lysteria.

Source(s): 28 weeks pregnant
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I was told not to bother eating it!!! But maybe its cause I'm diabetic?

• Baby V
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yes and you don't have to heat it up if you don't want to

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.