what courses should I take at Harvard (If I get in), If I want to pursue a career as an Astrophysicist?

Undergraduate Courses. I know that in Harvard Graduate School, you will be in the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

• eri

You'd either major in astronomy or physics, but Harvard, unlike most other schools, won't let you major in both. And despite their huge number of resources and people to work with, that means you won't have the same physics or astronomy background as almost any other student applying to grad school who did a double major. You also won't be going to Harvard for grad school - it's considered bad form to do your undergrad and graduate work at the same school. You'd be going somewhere else.

Source(s): astrophysicist, worked for Harvard
  • safia

How about you get in first?

But if you're really curious, go to the website for the Harvard-Smithsonian Center and a list of prerequisites should be listed on there.

not at Harvard b/c you're not supposed to go to the same place you did your Undergrad for Grad school.

• Rayne

Well, get accepted first, don't get your hopes up too high. Anyways, talk to the admissions counselor or someone will call you to schedule your classes.

The ones they tell you that you need if you get in.