Why is my ex still contacting me? I removed her from facebook hoping she would forget about me?

I was together with my ex 18 months ago and I loved her. I really did. And leaving her was the hardest thing I ever did. But I had no choice. I was a loose member of a gang and was getting more and more pressure to join full time. I was afraid and I didn't see any other way out but to run. And I did. Then I go to my Fb and I see my ex in there. God I had missed her. We start talking and she mentions that she has a Bf. Which I respected. What else can I do?

A week after out initial talk she says she had a big fight with her Bf because she had made lunch appointment with me. I felt guilty cause here I come back almost 2 years later and ruin her relationship. I have no right to keep her from being happy. So I said my good byes, wished her well and deleted her from my Fb.

That was about 2 months ago. But during the last week I've had 2 messages from her asking me if I could add her again or if we could go out to lunch. Why does she do this? I still love her, but it pains me to see her with another guy. Did I do the wrong thing be giving up on her?

• Ash

First of all, i think you're probably more mature than most guys in approaching the whole thing, so well done for that. By the sounds of it she really wants you back in her life in some capacity and the fact that she risked the argument suggests potentially that she might have held onto her original feelings for you. But don't forget the original reason for leaving, and if that still applies then it's best not to get involved if you can't have both. At the end of the day, you can only ask her and go from there, if it's not the case then it probably makes the decision easier but if it is then i'd say do what'll make you happiest. Good luck