GAH! Lost my gauge! What do I do!?

Long story short. One of my size 8G gauges fell out of my ear! How long does it take to close up? I have the tapers back at home but i'm in college right now and home is 50 minutes away.. (plus I have no car to get there) I'm going to visit my home in 4 days. What can I do till then to prevent the hole closing of my ear?

Favorite Answer

Find something of a similar size ! My friend used straws once, for twos. And I'm pretty sure I used a piece of Q-tip once for an eight. Improvise !

Well, you can make your own gauge from a clay called FIMO. Just take the one you didn't lose and try to mold the clay as exact as you can to it then follow the baking instructions on the package. The clay only cost a dollar for me and I bought it at Micheal's craft store, but I'm sure they sell it at any other craft or art store. They come in lots of different colors too.

It's also a good idea to use the clay instead of wasting 10 - 18 bucks on it in stores everytime you size up, like Hot Topic -___-

Source(s): My experiences; I'm a size 4 atm