bigd55
bigd55 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Did G W Bush lie about WMD in Iraq?

I have done quite a bit of investigating and have been unable to find any hard evidence that he did. There are a lot of rants, tv interviews and news articles with accusations of possible misdeeds but I have yet to see an interoffice memo, telephone recording or even a statement under oath that he lied. If anyone has seen ayy of those things would you please let me know? Thank. you.

Favorite Answer

As much as I didn't like him as President, I think he honestly believed that there were. Everyone did. I think he figured better safe than sorry. It was such a frantic time.

Every major intel believes that Iraq had WMDs, not just Bush. It was passed on during the Clinton administration.

After Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was caught, he admit to the Iraqi court that he lied to world about the WMDs in order to top balance of Iran nuclear strike. He was more scared of Iran than the United States. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/a...

This whole started when Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, got repelled from Kuwait by the United States. Iraq agreed to a ceasefire agreement, broke it, and paid the price for it.

One situation with that assumption is why the harmless Saddam Hussein could enable UN inspectors in basic terms constrained get admission to to weapon storage factors. the anomaly of, 'we've not have been given one in each of these weapons' and 'yet do no longer look there'. using massive parts of poisonous gas on the northern Kurdish inhabitants can be considered as achieveable confirmation of WMDs.

Democrat chief of CIA George Tinet (appointed by Clinton) lied to the president about WMDs

The Big Shot Democrats ALL said there were WMDs in Iraq.

Democrats Voted to Attack Iraq, except for a little handful.

• Curt J

No, but if he did, so did Bill Clinton (who warned Bush about the WMDs), Congress and the CIA.

As has been pointed out before, all those people/groups reacted to the same flawed information.

Source(s): Just my opinion

yup, he did. NATO went in before war was declared and found no evidence whatsoever. You can't really find hard evidence if you are basing it on one man's opinion, but there was no "hard evidence" suggesting that there were WMDs. There's plenty of hard evidence that supports other reasons to invade. I'm not going to find it now, but there was a discussion about 9/11 with Bush and Cheney that they only agreed to under the condition that everything was off record and not televised. We still don't know what they said to a select few behind closed doors. Osama was not from Iraq, had never lived in Iraq, and had no ties to Iraq. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Uday's dead, but come on now. There was absolutely no legitimate reason to invade Iraq. It's all Murikah cheerleading, keep questioning it.

You didn't do a lot of research.

We found about 223,000 tons of illicit weapons (per a CIA report in 2005)

We found about 1500 barrells of pre-1991 mustard gas

We found about 200 instances of inert WMDs found individually, such as single sarin gas shells

In 2006 (if memory serves) we shipped Saddam's yellow cake through Canada

Then there's this cache of chemical weapons that we KNEW had gone missing in the last WMD report the UN ever made:

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-04-26/world/jordan.te...

I particularly like this CNN report because it provides the best "smoking gun" between Saddam Hussein and al Qaida, who were linked informally through the terror group Ansar al Islam.

• DM

Bad intelligence and a rush to beat the Spring sand storms (really). Plus, they wanted Husein out and the USA put him in in the first place. All very convenient timing but not ALL his fault. Blood thirst and greed.

• Mr. Bush was acting upon the best intelligence available and according to U.N. directives.