jack asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

Anyone know a good salsa recipe?

I want to make a good, mild/hot sweet chilli sort of salsa. Does anyone have any good recipes? Want to use it as a dip, so a purree texture.

Thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mild Salsa Recipe

Mild Salsa With Fresh Tomatoes

Ingredients

Ripe diced tomatoes, 25 ounces

Fresh chopped Jalapeño, ¼ slice

Mince garlic, ¼ tsp

Diced onion, 1 tbsp

Fresh cilantro, 1 tsp

Blend all ingredients together, until it reaches a smooth sauce like consistency.

Mild Salsa Without Onions

Ingredients

Ripe tomatoes, 4

Garlic, 3 cloves

Ground cumin, ¼ tsp

Chili powder, ½ tsp

Lime juice, 1½ tbsp

Fresh cilantro, ¾ cup

Green poblano pepper, 1

Place the whole poblano pepper and garlic cloves on a baking sheet, place the baking sheet on a pre-heated oven. Broil, until pepper and garlic cloves are well-browned. In a blender, place all ingredients along with the roasted pepper and garlic, process until you get a chunky sauce like texture.

Salsa Fresca

3 medium sized ripe tomatoes

2 medium sized tomatillos

1/2 medium sized white onion

3 tbsp fresh cilantro

1 large green chili for mild/medium or habanero pepper to taste

pinch coriander

1-2 tbsp lime juice

salt and pepper

Dice tomatoes, tomatillos, onion and cilantro coarsely. Finely dice chili or habanero pepper. Combine all ingredients with a pinch of coriander, the juice of 1/2 fresh lime (1-2 tbsp) and a bit of salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse several times until combined, but still a bit chunky. Add more salt and pepper and adjust the heat level, if necessary.

Store in the frigde.Serve with chips.Makes 1 1/2 - 2 cups.

****************************************************************************

Source(s): LA
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

A quick fresh salsa....

3 Tablespoons Red Onion, Finely Minced

2 Cloves Garlic, Minced

3 Whole Tomatoes, Large

2 Whole Jalapenos Seeded And Chopped

1 Whole Lime, Juiced

½ Teaspoons Salt

Black Pepper To Taste

3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (or Cilantro, If You Prefer)

Chop red onion finely and mince garlic. Remove seeds and juice from tomatoes, chop finely. Remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno and chop finely. Juice the lime, add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in chopped fresh parsley. You can use cilantro if you like it.

Put it in the fridge for an hour.....

• 9 years ago

My Santa Fe Salsa is awesome (if I do say so):

bell peppers of varying colors (2)

lots of cilantro

black beans (1 can)

tomatoes (2)

frozen corn (1 bag)

red onion (1/2--optional)

salt, pepper, lemon juice

mix all together (don't defrost the corn!). Something in the undrained black beans defrosts them and makes it taste awesome! And it last in the fridge for up to a week. It's good as a dip or even a garnish on anything (fish/meats/omelets). Enjoy!

Source(s): Me
  • Those all sound good. I'll share the recipe for this morning's salsa:

7 little serrano peppers from our garden, 7 cloves of garlic, lightly brushed with olive oil, broiled at 500 degrees then peeled.

7 fresh tomatoes from our garden, parboiled and skins peeled, half a red onion, ounce of cilantro leaves - no stems- half of a red bell pepper. half of the mixture blended at lowest speed of blender for three seconds, the other half of the mixture chopped fine by hand.

For a thicker puree, drain juice out of your tomatoes before blending, and blend most of it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

There are a couple of very good websites with recipes. Try allrecipes.com or just google salsa and you will get enough ideas to try a new salsa recipe every day from not til Christmas!

• 9 years ago

I always go to AuthenticSalsaRecipes.com. They have a great assortment of easy to make salsa recipes to choose from.

• 9 years ago

I'm sure someone does know a good salsa recipe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.