Photographers: What programs do you use to edit? or improve images?

Hello, I have Photoshop Cs5, however i always feel like Cs5 was never created solely for photographers. I was curious what are some programs you use, or if you have any great tutorials with CS5.

I know photography is all about the images you catch with your camera and not editing it, but who doesnt edit there photography nowadays?

Thank you! :)

RAW image files are "processed" not edited. I use Photoshop to process both RAW and DNG image files. It has the most options of the other RAW processing programs. What you call editing is really image modification or manipulation. That is a whole different thing. The goal is to get the shots right in the camera so there is a minimum of time spent on post production. Editing (sorting) can be accomplished using your computers file manager or a program as sophisticated as Adobe Lightroom Lightroom can also process RAW files

CS5 is just one part of a suite of programs, many professions use it, forensic scientists, medical imaging, magazine editors, artists and illustrators (Photoshop was originally a painting program), video editors (particularly applying effects), rostrum cameramen, it's a very broad spectrum, some of the more esoteric tools are only available in the Extended version.

Those that don't edit their images are only scratching the surface of whats possible.

Chris

I use paint shop pro x2....they have very similar techniques but pspx2 is a fraction of the price

http://bandjarts.com/