Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 9 years ago

Some good school life anime?

I want to watch more school life anime, so can you recommend some? I try to stay away from Yaoi and Yuri...actually most romances if possible, which can be hard for this type of anime, but anyways, suggestions please?

Favorite Answer

Some school life animes that stay away from romance of any sort...hmmm I think I can think of some:

Bungaku Shoujo (literacy girl)

Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler!): Though it's genre is romantic comedy, it's more focused on comedy and I highly recommend it.

Minami-ke: this is also another really good school life anime...lol before the show starts it even warns the audience to not expect much, because it's an anime featuring 3 sisters that live together and their everyday lives. It's underrated, but really good...try it out.

Nichijou: It's airing right now and it's type of comedy is side splitting and random...though it didn't seem that good when I first read the synopsis, the first episode really made me laugh and it's now become really hyped up in Japan...the pictures are everywhere on Pixiv: site for sharing artwork in japan that features mostly anime.

You can probably say the comedy is somewhat similar to Lucky Star, Azumanga daioh, and Yotsuba&!...

Ookami-san to shichinin no nakamatachi: another comedy...it can basically be summarized as a club that was formed to help others as a loan that has to eventually be repayed...and each character represents a character from a fairy tale so it's quite interesting.

wow....i could basically go on with more XD...so I will

Sora no manimani: another anime that's not very known, but I thought it was quite unique and interesting to create an astronomy club where they try to come up with some funny moments to talk about.

UH I REALIZE THAT I'M NOT ACTUALLY EXPLAINING MUCH ABOUT THE ANIMES I'VE LISTED, BUT THEN I FIGURED THAT ANYONE COULD PROBABLY GOOGLE THE NAMES AND FIND OUT...SO I JUST DECIDED TO GIVE SOME FURTHER INSIGHT.

Saki: an interesting anime about playing mahjong...it's funny how they try to make the competitions so intense while playing and even though I didn't know how to play mahjong, it was still fun to watch.

Seitokai Yakuindomo: this anime is rated to be more mature, so if you don't like crude comedy that is often sexual, then I would stay away from this...then again I found this to be unique and funny. this anime is generally about their school's student council...so it's very much school related.

Seitokai no Ichizon: another anime about student council, but instead it has less sexual implications and more on parodies of other animes, and there's a repeated joke of the main character wanting to acquire a harem...so if you like harems you would probably like this anime.

Kyou no go no ni (today in class 5-2): a comedy about the daily lives of elementary school kids...things can be random at times, but then again it's because they are kids, so it's perfectly relevent. This anime had been labeled to have romance, but then again when I watched it...there wasn't much going on....because they are kids that usually worry about which ball they had would bounce the highest XD

and finally I'm done...hope that helped...and yah I understand you want to stay away from romance and yaoi and yuri, because I do too...which is why I have so much to recommend.

Source(s): my previous experience
  • Talyn

Gakuen Alice

Azumangah Daioh

Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu

Demon King Daimao

Great Teacher Onizuka

Bamboo Blade

K-On!

Cromartie High School

Hidamari Sketch

Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Sket Dance

Tales of Agriculture (aka Moyashimon)

My Ordinary Life

• loool ;D okai okai okai *excited* erm...^^ I'd say watch Furuba. Ouran Host High School Club, The Melachonys of Haruhi Suzumiya, Escaflowne :3 <3 its a really really good anime kinda school life/fantasy :3 Oh and you should watch the movie The girl who leaps through time ^^ thats such an amazing moviee try watching Gakuen Alice as well as The Wallflower <-- the wallflower I found particularly interesting because I've read/watched the drama and from that they try and turn this gothic loving girl to a woman ;D you'd looove it! :3

Special A

Gakuen Alice

Ouran High School Host Club

Baka to Test to Shokanjuu

Angel Beats!

Honey and Clover?

Oh and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Full metal panic is mix of school life, mecha and romance, and it's freaking hilarious.

• ?

angle beat!!! :D i just started watching it but might be what your looking for, maybe not as it is also kinda in the after life and pretty trippy

its actually good though

a good school anime would be

lovely complex

kimi no todoke

kimikiss pure rouge

Da Capo

***all these animes are really awesome***

Hana yori dango

Reverse harem/Romance/shojo/comedy/school life...