Relem asked in PetsFish · 9 years ago

My Honey gourami is being aggressive...?

Yesterday I got a Honey Gourami and two dwarf Gourami for my ten gallon. The Honey Gourami is being incredibly territorial by nipping the fins of the other two and chasing them around the tank. The other two are constantly hiding. They are the only fish in the tank aside from three Rasbora fry.

Is the only way to solve this problem is to return the Honey gourami to the pet store? It's impossible to tell the sex of the Gourami in the pet store...

Favorite Answer

You don't keep dwarf and honey gourami together i have 2 pairs of honey gouramis placid fish in my tank .

Return the honey gourami you actually overstocked your tank by adding that fish .

• Ianab

"Is the only way to solve this problem is to return the Honey gourami to the pet store?

Yup, that's the only option really.

The tank is simply too small to house those fish. It's also possible the dwarf gourami will fight too, just they are too scared to right now.

Ian