How to reject someone? ?

So my best friend told me that my friend likes me, and that he said he was gonna ask me out, but i only see him as a friend. I've been asked out before, and said no, but it wasn't face to face like he's gonna do it so i have no idea what to say! And I wanna tell him something about that I just see him as a friend, and that I kinda haven't gotten over someone else, but I don't know how to say it without making our friendship weird. So yeah, please* answer.

When I was younger, I never EVER rejected anyone. I had a lot of dates because I gave everyone a chance. If someone has the balls to come up and ask for a date, to reject them before they even got out of the batters cage is wrong. So, you two go out, do something fun, you don't feel hot and bothered, then at the end of the date you tell him what a great time you had, but it didn't feel like it had romantic potential....OR, you go out and see this person in a different light.

Here's a little tip.

Don't ever reject someone. No matter what! Because think about it, how would YOU feel if one day you asked someone out, that you really, really like, and they reject the crap out of you?! How would you feel?. Put yourself in that position.

Somehow throw it into conversation that you see him as like a brother, he's that close he feels like family. It might be hard for him to be friend zoned but this will get it into his head.