Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

What is the weirdest myth/old wive's tale that you've ever heard?

Some of my older family members' parents came to America from Russia. They all believe that you can't wash your hair during menstruation, and they also believe that you can't sleep with wet hair. They all claim that it will cause "problems when I am older" without specifying what those problems are, and instead saying "Well women get cysts and fibroids and cramps and migraines and they NEVER question why..."

What is the weirdest myth you've ever heard?

Update:

Yes but they believe that sleeping with wet hair causes serious problems as an adult, not catching a cold.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lilium
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

dont point at a rainbow,you'll get a wart

Source(s): yea,my mum's a weirdo..
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

notably lots something made submit 1990's. Taylor rapid, Rihanna, Kesha, rap, and so on of that are all rather brutal. permit's go returned to the 60's and 70's and rejoice interior the excess that became Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin, we ought to? there became easily home made, authentic, healthy music that became performed in studio and in stay stay overall performance (with out the studio version enjoying interior the history, have faith it or no longer). i think notably unhappy for this era of little ones.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

being cold makes you sick

actually if your core body temp drops more than 3 degrees your immune system weakens...

but if your core temp drops more than 3 degrees you've got a lot more to worry about than catching a cold

• 9 years ago

English only Myth - If it rains of St. Swythans Day it will rain for 40 days & 40 nights.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.