how do i get rid of avast safe zone?

i was on my computer and i clicked on my avast to run a scan but when i clicked on it this safe zone thing poped up and i cant see my back ground i cant get back to anything now i hve tryed to turn off my laptop but when i turn it back on it goes right back to safe zone. i want it off i just want my lap top to back to the way it was!!!!! im super sad!!!!!

so it like takes over you computer and i cant get back to it avast SAFEZONE

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

thats a new bad problem

contact avast, see if they can help you

its on the forums

someone suggested to get the avast removal tool on another computer

boot up in safe mode

run the uninstaller

boot back up in normal mode and see if its fixed

here is the link

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=84487.0

hope this helps

• cely
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Avast Safe Zone

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Perfect Antivirus Protection Suite : http://moveantivirus.com/?hshz
  • 5 years ago

Go to Control Panel / Uninstall Program / Avast Free Antivirus . You'll get a screen with Update, Repair, Modify, Uninstall option, choose Modify and on a following screen uncheck "Avast SafeZone browser", click change and restart computer!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

Hi, and I am happy to help.

I am a PC consultant and expert, and here is the best way to stop this ridiculous and poorly designed and written tool by Avast, shame on Avast.

Open Avast, click on "Settings" button (lower left corner), click on "Tools" button, do not get confused with the "Tools" that appear on the first program windows, this is the second "Tool" button (blame stupid Avast designers).

Now on the right and second from the top your will find "SafeZone" and a button on its right to turn this garbage tool "Off:".

That is it. Simple, right?

I also recommend to delete the SafeZone icon on your desktop that gets by default automatically.

Enjoy !!!

• 4 years ago

You have to get rid of Avast to accomplish that.

• Thank you, Marko. It worked exactly how you explained. It's gone.

• 5 years ago

SafeZone is an excellent browser

• 5 years ago

Thank you! Also needed that info!

• 5 years ago

No it didn t!...I have the free version and you cant turn it off!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.