Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

Why cant I stop crying over my wife leaving me?

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful. Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart. And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears. And when she was happy, so was i, when she loved me. Through the summer and the fall, we had each other, that was all. Just she and I together, like it was meant to be. And when she was lonely, I was there to comfort her. And I knew that she loved me. So the years went by, I stayed the same. And she began to drift away, I was left alone. Still I waited for the day, when she'd say "i will always love you." Lonely and forgotten, never thought she'd look my way, She smiled at me and held me, just like she used to do,

Like she loved me, when she loved me. When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful,

Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart

When she loved me.

So what should I do?

Favorite Answer

And you're not gay? This is all sweet and tender and all but seriously you need to man up.

She probably left because you were such a sweet, nice, incredibly boring guy. Goody, goody sticky sweet emotionally dependent all the time is just boring and burdensome and not at all fun or attractive. She probably couldn't take it any more. You can only watch The Sound of Music so many times before you have to shoot yourself.

And don't blame her for changing. It's called growing up. People change, things change. You have to change with them. Things that aren't changing are dead and dead things are boring.

Sorry if that was harsh, but you're giving yourself so much pity I can't imagine that you need any from me. Now get up and dust yourself off and go get laid.

• Monza

As a divorced dude, where she left me, you feel rejected, betrayed and hurt. Even more, you lost control of the situation and you feel powerless, ego shattered and totally not yourself.

Best thing you can do is get as much as you can outside of you. Cry, beat and kick a pillow around. Whatever you do, avoid calling or contacting your Ex. That would be a bad idea. I cannot tell you how much the desperate Ex is to the person who left. It only confirms to them that you are not good enough to be with in some biological way. Avoid that.

Once you get enough of the tears out, go pull a Forrest Gump, and walk or run as much as you can. Get a lot of exercise and join a gym if you can. Pumping and working out will make you feel better, and as a guy you will be able to really burn it hard right now. With the walking, you will have time to think things over.

Once you get to where you feel halfway okay, consider looking for a divorce recovery group. Even if you are not married, they are good with people breaking away from a serious long-term relationship. The emotions are the same.

Whatever you do, try to avoid drinking, driving co-workers crazy with your personal life, trying to get back into the dating world too soon. For some reason guys can see their Ex having the time of their life as a super sexual creature. This is not likely the case, as most women have to spend some down time their selves. She is more than likely with family and her friends.

Don't expect the pain to go away too soon. If you were together a very long time, it can take nearly a year or more to actually get over all this. Trust me on this one, it generally takes twice as long as you or others will estimate after a some time goes by. Best thing to do while on the sidelines is learn from it. Instead of using energy trying to get back with her, bargaining in your mind on how to do this, and you will do this, think of ways to try to get her to take you back, think about what you will do the next time in specific ways. Check out some books and online material. I often recommend keeping a journal when you get to this point. After some time, when you re-read through what you saying, you will see you look like a mess right now and that will put perspective on other things then to work on.

Life does go on, and most people find that there next partner, if done properly, will often be better than the last. If you learn from this whole deal, you will find a better partner next time who will really enjoy your poetic heart. Women love poets, so you all ready have something going for you before you even step out in world.

Good Luck.

Dude, you're hurting, I know what you're going through, I'm going through the same right now.

Don't have answers right now only questions, but I guess figure out why she left - and try and fix it.

Try and rediscover what brought you together in the first place and try to rekindle the passion of old.

It's tough, but let it out, you feel better for it, then when you can see more clearly then work on getting back what you love.

Good luck.

• ?

Bill most of us have been in your situation

And yes it will live in your heart they were good memories

But you need to do what she has done

Move on you will never forget her

You may even be lucky enough to find it again

• Violet

You really liked Toy Story 2, huh?

• Teenie

Beautiful song Bill.

OMG, you sound like my ex husband. Move on. I think the whole thing of wanting her stemmed from her not wanting you, which made you want her more. Find someone more compatible and enjoy your life.

• Ruth

Because you love her.

You should tell us why she left.

Is this a poem?