How to make a Box with a piece of paper?
so i have to make a box with the largest volume for hw. the problem is i can can only use one piece of 81/2 by 11 printer paper i need help please include the dimensions of the box as well as the math for it. please help me by answering this question!
- Anonymous9 years agoFavorite Answer
(1) start with a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
(2) next, take the top left corner of the page and fold it over onto the page (use the link below to see the pictures)
(3) make sure the corner is lined up directly with the edge of the page
(4) flip the page over (don't unfold the flap)
(5) fold the bottom flap, (the straight one), up
(6) flip the entire page over to check if the diagonal edges are perfectly lined up with the folded over flap
(7) unfold everything so that the page is laid out
(8-9) cut, or rip, the bottom flap off, keep folding the flap over and over again until it is weak enough to be cut, or torn off by hand
(10) if you don't want to risk the chance of ripping the page, you can use scissors. cut along the straight line
(11-12) finished product