Does god exsist, is it wrong to discover the truth?

I grew up catholic but lately I've been doubting a lot, I feel lost, I wanna research and make a decision but if I decide there is a god will he be mad at me for going astray..or is it my right as a person to try to figure it out for myself..I do believe, its just seems things are so bad in the world.why would god let so many ppl go hungry or kids grow up with no parents.why are some ppl "blessed". Ie celebrities and others struggle to buy a gallon of milk???? I just don't get it anymore

• Favorite Answer

Both science and religion try to be right over the question, does the big man upstairs exist? science say its big balls of gas and explosions that brings and has brought us to life, religion says god created us in seven days and that we are all his children. Now you say ‘will he be mad for me going astray’ well surely not, he would only be too happy that you tried to find out the truth surely, and even if he doesn’t exsist at least you know you lived your life the way you wanted.

Well this question is one of a million of life’s questions, it’s not entirely essential to know you can live your life without knowing. But does he or doesn't he. A lot will say no and a lot will say yes, I say both no and yes, why not, you can still go to church half believe his existence so you’re not shocked at the end of your life or not go at all but still question it and have a little belief for the same outcome.

Now the only way to know for sure is at the end of all our lives, will we simply see blackness as we descend into eternal slumber or will we see the big pearly gates and be welcomed into heaven?

In other words it’s up to you.

So do you go to church and hope for the heaven we all think of or do you live your life curious until your final moments to find the truth. I hope this was helpful if not let me know.

There is a difference between spirituality and religion. Religion is the worship of god and spirituality is the quest for god. They can be mutually exclusive. Having survived 12 years of catholic school, I can only repeat thr single comment that had the most impact on me. God gave you a conscience. If your conscience tells you something, you have the obligation to yourself to heed it. God never gets mad at you. But he would rather you follow your conscience than not. And there is much rejoucing when the sheep that wandered into the wilderness returns. That is bible talk for a successful Hero quest.

Many people go astray and although God does not like it, he will always accept you back with open arms.

Try reading the story about the Prodigal Son.

It comforts me in knowing that I had strayed for a long time and lets me know that God accepted me when I came came back.

However, do not use this as an excuse to stray, just know he will accept you back if you do stray.

• Misty

<<is it wrong to discover the truth?>>

No. As long as you are open to the position that your own intellect is not infallible, and not all-knowing. Because you do not know something or cannot comprehend something, does not mean that it doesn't exist. So many people rely merely on scientific methods to prove or disprove. While these are certainly valid tools for some things, they are not valid for all things. Don't use the wrong tool in your search to know more.

Many non-believers have relied on their own flawed reasoning to conclude there is no God. If a person is truly searching for the truth, then that search cannot really ever end.

I converted to Catholicism years ago in my search, and I have come to accept that the Catholic Church is the Church established by Christ. However, I have yet to assume that I have figured it all out...because I haven't. I continue to learn, to seek God, to be open to being changed from within.

Searching for the truth is our calling. God wants us to seek him, to know him. He is truth.

http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/gods-existence.h...

• ?

1.) I am fairly certain God would be happier that you come back to him, ever read the story of the prodigal son? His father didn't get mad at him for leaving, he simply rejoiced at his return.

2.) It is not that God is letting them go hungry, but He wants you to go and help them, of course he could send down manna from heaven for anyone, but He wants us to go out and help, and if you think about it, He did help everyone, he offered saving grace to everyone, and he has fed countless more people than we have over the course of our lives.

Of course God exists.

How else could the universe begin to exist? Don't tell me infinite regression. That's bull, because it would mean that there would never be a 'present'.

God exists and physical science confirms this.

As a former Catholic, let me just say that there is more to 'God' than the Abrahamic version.

I don't know your cultural heritage, but maybe doing some research into what your Pre-Christian ancestors believed might help you make more sense out of a lot of things. I know it did me.

Once I got out of the 'One, All-mighty, All-powerful God' mindset a lot of things made a lot more sense.

Contact me for some thoughts of what to read, look for, etc. and I will do what I can to help

Source(s): I am now Celtic Reconstructionist Pagan (and more at ease with my spirituality than I ever was as a Catholic.)

He exits my friend.........!!!