Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

International Marriage (American and an Egyptian)?

Hello, my name is Katelynn and I am an american citizen. My fiance is from Kafr El Sheikh, Egypt. Our original plan was to get married before the year is out, but with all the things need I dont think that is possible. I read online that I needed the following documents,

1. a notarized sworn statement that you are free to marry (in which I would probably have to consult an attorney)

2. A document stating I am a christian which has to be certified by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

3. A valid passport (which needs to be translated into arabic.

Also I was told to....

1. Learn about Egyptian Family Laws for women as a spouse and mother

2. Have the civil ceremony in a local marriage court with two male witnesses with documentation..

I have a couple questions about this

1. Is a notarized sworn statement all I would need from my attorney, or what else should I ask him/her. What kind of attorney would I need to hire (title of attorney)? and what price range would this be?

2. What kind of document would I need to prove that I am a Christian? A certificate of Baptism? would the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs accept that??

3. Where can I learn about everything I would need to know about Egyptian Family Law for women? (a link would be helpful but comments are just as welcome)

4. Who do I go to to translate my documents into Arabic? Which ones should be translated?

Comments and Links will be very helpful. This is not in my line of work so I wouldn't know where to start with this. Even if you can only answer 1 or 2 of these questions please feel free to answer below. I can use all the help I can get because I am so confused. Thanks a bunch :)

• Daisy
    Favorite Answer

To translate your documents contact Foreign Document Translation service: http://www.foreigndocumenttranslation.com/ They provide certified translation in Arabic; English language pair and charge a flat rate of only $29 per page. Translations are completed within 1-2 days and that's the cheapest rate you can find!

Source(s): Foreign Document Translation service: http://www.foreigndocumenttranslation.com/

Its difficult to grasp as more commonly say in an election polls will say something but citizens will do yet another. Lets don't forget my possess studies. I paintings in an enterprise that runs 24hours an afternoon 7 days every week. It employs 1000s. Late final 12 months even as having lunch there was once 30 or so of my fellow employees within the room whilst a identical intercourse marriage tale got here at the TV information. Not a unmarried character expressed objection. And this is occurring always now days whilst that is spoken approximately on TV. I have spotted right here on YA even as certain within the LGBT segment the sort of query goes to obtain tons of help, however even within the devout segment now days, increasingly are treating it as yesterdays argument, time to transport on, allow them to have it and feature the hassles it brings. And so on. Now days there are not any in which close the quantity of negatives as there was once say simply 10 years in the past. I feel the polls are towards the reality than a few folks might like to recognize.

You need to consult an attorney familiar with EGYPTIAN law. This consultation should be IN PERSON. Producing the required documents is the LEAST important requirement. Actually LEARNING Egyptian law is the CRITICAL requirement. You CAN'T do that online, or from a book.