Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

I am 7 months pregnant. My babyfather has a temper and abuse me but I have nobody or no where else to go?

There is LOTS of help for you. Go to thehotline.org and they should be able to point you in the right direction. You do not deserve to be abused. I was abused by my son's father and by the time my son was 3 I found the courage to get out. There are shelters and programs to get you everything you need to get you back on your feet. I was so afraid to leave. I was afraid he would come after me. You are not alone. There are people who will help you, who will protect you. If you stay in this relationship your children will learn that this is an acceptable way to treat others and my themselves become abusers. My son is now 11 years old. I have been through a lot since leaving my son's father but I managed to put myself through some classes with the help of the programs and got myself a career in the medical field. I am happily remarried to someone who never raises a hand to me, never tries to control or manipulate me, and who truly loves me despite all the emotional damage I still have to this day. I have been remarried for 3 years now and we bought a house together last summer. I never knew that a relationship could be like this. I am a survivor and I know you can be a survivor too. Good luck and please get out and get safe.

Having nobody and/or no place to go is no excuse or a good reason to stay in an abusive relationship. They have shelters and mothers homes for that. Get help and get out!

You do have somewhere to go. Call the police and they can escort you to a women's shelter. You're probably saying you're not goin to a shelter but they aren't bad as you think. I have a friend who went to one and she was pregnant too. They fed her and the other kids of course and gave her section 8 housing after being there for about 4 mths. They try to help you get back on your feet. Please leave you don't deserve that. Think about your unborn child.

GET OUT there are many shelters that let you stay and get you on your feet, go to a church and ask for help they will help you find one or help you themselves. You dont want to raise a baby in that environment so please get out your life and childs will be so much better:)