dead island save game problem will you help ? best answer?

I installed dead island but i cant save my progress why that happens is there a way i can fix that?

i know it wont save when i quit my game it just dont save it.

AND THEN WHEN I OPEN THE GAME AGAIN IT STARTS FROM THE BEGGINING

• Matt
    Favorite Answer

It uses a checkpoint system, but even that is broken. I quit after a checkpoint save in the supermarket and the next day when I started it up it loaded me in the sewer below the police station.

What i have figured that HELPS is aftr u complete a main quest the game will save but it does not always work. So what helps is after u complete the main quest do side quest and random acts of niceness around the island(side quest) aftr u do about 5 side quest quick travel some where else on the map you are not. The game saves during loading screens so quick travel to many places for an almost guarenteed save. The game will probably not save the quest progress but your main quest will save 89% of time which is better than nothing. Hoped this helped and also dead island is a great game that has been out for less than a week so give them time to fix things. If u have any othr questions then friend me on ps3 and rite dead island save in request. Also i can help u find hidden objects. I myself beat the game 3 times. Psn user: BooYeShaka

Source(s): Playing the game

I had to start new game twice. Before and after the patch. What I did was erase all files from your HDD of dead island because that file will get corrupted. So here I am new game with the patch. Usually when I quit the game I would press START and the TRIANGLE button. No I don't do that anymore what I found that worked for me was press the PS button instead and quit the game from there. BUT be sure you only quit after you have done a quest and it says checkpoint or that Hazard sign on the top right corner stops blinking. I've been playing for 2 days straight now and i'm on chapter 6 and its been working for me. Other than that GOOD LUCK and enjoy.

Source(s): me

this is what i did and i have had no problem since in saving or loading my game.

1) i deleted my "Dead Island game data"

2) next i deleted the "Dead Island index file"

3) then i re-installed the game with patch, then started from my last save

point/file

hope this helps!

From what ive read i found out if you quit seeing the red bio-hazard on the top right its not saving correctly also after the update/patch it only applys to new games started prior to downloading the patch.They are supposedly working on another patch to fix whats going on. if your not far i would just start back from the beginning...for me im on act 3 in the jungle so i dont think i will restart im just going to keep a close eye on the saving... hope this helps

Source(s): other yahoo answers
  • TONYA

You can't. Dead Island uses a checkpoint system it will auto save for you. You can't manually save your progress just get to a checkpoint and exit when your done.

What system are you playing the game on?

read

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-07-dead-...

I just figured it out. Delete the update for Dead Island under "Game Data Utility". After you delete it the game will not ask you to install it ( I guess they figured out the update screwed it up).

The only way to save ur game and making sure that it's saves is to switch it to single player

start a online level and when you want to save drop out and then wait a while then you can quit

Run as Administrator. You don't have the write permissions as you currently are.