J

Christians: So has the devil just not read the bible?

Does he not know that it gives a play by play of how he will be defeated?

Is he that stupid?

I mean, couldn't he just do things differently than what it says in the bible?

Or is he just bound to play out the script and he doesn't really have a choice of his own?

Seriously? So you're saying that the devil is just stupid?

If he is that stupid, then how has he given anyone this many problems for so long?

I mean, no matter how prideful someone is, if someone (much less God) has written out a detailed sketch of my down fall, I would AT LEAST take it into consideration when I am making my plans. . .

Otherwise I am just taking a stupid and pointless risk. . .something doesn't add up with your explanations here. . .

Favorite Answer

Ummmm, Ummmmm, Ummmmm..... (fumbles through bible pages)....... Goddidit!!!!!

I guess you don't know the meaning of being "damned"---that not only means that you live in the most atrocious place (Hell) with the most excruciating sufferings---it also means that this is your state for life eternally, perpetually.

Now, unless you have been so caught up in some movies and tv shows that show people coming back from being dead and living among us and actually have come to believe this, then I have no idea how you can ask such an unbelievable question.

Do you really think that after you are dead that you will be able to come back and change things (I don't care if you believe or don't believe in Heaven and Hell). If you have one ounce of intelligence, you will not. Then how the heck do you think the Devil who is damned---literally stuck in Hell with no chance of getting out---has even the remote chance of doing things differently?

The Devil is so bent on hate and destruction that nothing is going to stop him from wanting to destroy us and oppose God.

Remember---the Devil is in Hell where he no longer has any chance of redeeming himself. Although he loathes to even think of it, he knows that God has all the power and that his own power is very limited.

Most of the words of your last sentence sum it up very clearly, "he (is) just bound to play out the script and he doesn't really have a choice of his own".

The devil's sin is Pride. He set himself as equal to God, and because of that was cast out of Heaven. Because he is proud, he still believes he can win. He thinks he can outsmart God, that despite the Bible predicting he will lose, somehow he will turn things around.

Interesting questions, ones I can't answer. A big part of the christian faith is not knowing. There is a lot of mystery in our faith...I guess that's why they call it faith. I love discussing things like that though.

Most Christians don't pretend to know all the answers, and those that do are totally full of it. Sorry I don't have more insight into this topic...I never thought about that one. I appreciate though that you posed valid questions that make people think but are also respectful, thanks for that. :)

Considering he tried to overthrow God - that would be a pretty stupid thing to do. But that's what pride will do.

He does know he will be defeated, doesn't stop him from trying to take as many with him as he can.

• Like an atheist, He does not believe it.

King of the fools.