Is it easier to get a job in law / law enforcement or in medical field?

Currently a Junior in High School, and I was looking into college majors. I enjoy learning about law so I figured that a future job as a lawyer or police officer would be perfect, however I was told that it is hard to find jobs in law. My family encourages me to go into the medical field as a nurse as it pays well and it is very easy to find a job as one. My sister is a nurse and I do see how much money she makes and how quickly she was able to find a job, but is it true that it is hard to find jobs in law / law enforcement?

Favorite Answer

Don't know which is easier. I know which is more ethical...

To put it another way, save lives and generally help people, or throw them in rape-cages?

Medical field..

Source(s): I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration..