What would it mean if we are truly alone in the universe?

That years from know when humans develop inter-stellar travel and we travel the universe only to realize that there's nothing out there, just a cold emptiness. That we're actually alone in the truest sense. Would that change our overall view of the universe and life itself, if we are really all we got?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It would only mean what you ascribe to it. There is no intrinsic "meaning" to anything in the universe.

It is people who interpret things to have a meaning. The universe <<does not care>>.

• 9 years ago

We would have less of a reason to learn and explore the universe. We would see the universe as empty and pointless. But we can't be alone. It's like saying the Earth is the only place with water. We might even have alien bacterial life in our own solar system. It's all a chemical reaction, and chemical reactions can happen anywhere.

Source(s): Astrophysics
  • 4 years ago

i think of that we, as a species could have a greater subject if we detect out we are actually not on my own. i'm beneficial we are able to all get worried if we predict of somebody/something is genuinely obtainable. To be particularly on my own in the universe might merely make us think of on the subject of the abuse we offer our planet and make us seem after it greater effective. we would additionally would desire to seem for liveable planets to colonise, as this one wont final continually and we are able to would desire to go directly to achieveable a clean galaxy or a safer element of this one.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't think we are alone, but if we are, then it will be a dark and lonely place.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.