progesterone suppositories how long does it take to have effect ?

hi i am pregnant through ivf however i still have to take progesterone suppos (anal)

im really worried that if i need to go to the loo for the big one lol that the suppos will come out

how long do i have to wait after inserting the suppos before i can use the toilet ??

how long does it take to totaly desintegrate

and if it does come out even some of it should i insert another on in right away ???

thank you

Favorite Answer

Congratulations!

It is absorbed within 20 to 30 minutes. Whatever comes out after that is just the casing that holds the progesterone. I'd just try and do your business :) before you put it in and if you need to do business after don't worry if you've had some time for it to absorb. If you have to go before the allotted time I would not put another in.

If it becomes a problem for you that you need to use the loo right after inserting the suppositories you may ask your doctor if you can make the switch to vaginal suppositories or injections. I have done both of those for my progesterone support after IVF and not had any problems with them.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): I've gone through IVF cycles and learned a lot along the way.