What is or was your reason for joining the military?

I'm just wondering what is/was your reason for joining the military.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Bryan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I wanted a challenge more than anything else. Along the same lines, I had some things that I wanted to prove to myself.

Patriotism also entered into it, as did adventure.

I got everything I was hoping for.

Source(s): Former Army Officer.
  • Doug B
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

1. I come from a family with a long military tradition. So I grew up sort expecting to join.

2. I wanted to challenge myself, see where my limits were. I found out that where I thought my limits were were actually where my potential began.

3. I wanted to see the world. I got my wish.

4. I love what my nation stands for, and think that giving a few - OK, 23 - years of my life was a way to support the ideals I support.

• 9 years ago

Don't want to join. Only reason they join is that there brains are washed by shooting games and movie.They like to hold a gun and being like one they saw in games and films. I think only 15 to 25 percent people join the military cos of the patriotism or discipline. That's it

• 9 years ago

To see the world

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

It just "clicks" for me..

It just feels right and I dont want to do anything else..

I want to know how to handle a rifle, physically fit, disciplined, airborne, and be around great young selfless men..

• 9 years ago

Honestly, with me. I screwed up in collage and needed a job. Actually the best decision I made for my life.

• Rufus
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

To get an education.

Secondarily, it was a lot easier than picking cotton.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.