What is or was your reason for joining the military?

I'm just wondering what is/was your reason for joining the military.

• Bryan
    Favorite Answer

I wanted a challenge more than anything else. Along the same lines, I had some things that I wanted to prove to myself.

Patriotism also entered into it, as did adventure.

I got everything I was hoping for.

Source(s): Former Army Officer.
  • Doug B

1. I come from a family with a long military tradition. So I grew up sort expecting to join.

2. I wanted to challenge myself, see where my limits were. I found out that where I thought my limits were were actually where my potential began.

3. I wanted to see the world. I got my wish.

4. I love what my nation stands for, and think that giving a few - OK, 23 - years of my life was a way to support the ideals I support.

Don't want to join. Only reason they join is that there brains are washed by shooting games and movie.They like to hold a gun and being like one they saw in games and films. I think only 15 to 25 percent people join the military cos of the patriotism or discipline. That's it

To see the world

It just "clicks" for me..

It just feels right and I dont want to do anything else..

I want to know how to handle a rifle, physically fit, disciplined, airborne, and be around great young selfless men..

Honestly, with me. I screwed up in collage and needed a job. Actually the best decision I made for my life.

• Rufus

To get an education.

Secondarily, it was a lot easier than picking cotton.