Why do Christians consider themselves better than Islam?

Christians preach the end of the world EVERYWHERE as if its some kind of glorious thing that they will be saved while everyone else dies a miserable death and goes to hell.

They celebrate the end of the world and yet they consider their religion holy. What the hell?

A lot of the bible also consists of God destroying stuff, torturing people, killing people etc. Yet hes merciful?

...what?

Update:

You don't blow yourself up in the name of God?

Yeah that's true...

But you hang people in the name of God

You STONE people in the name of God

The Crusades anyone? Salem Witch Trials? Justification of slavery? Homophobia? Women not having as many rights as men for hundreds of years?

Update 2:

EDIT: Oh yeah and im not muslim/Islamic.

I'm just asking because Christians are getting so up in arms about islam when christianity has contributed to numerous deaths as well...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

People are better than religion, so they are right

• MumOf5
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Yes, that does seem rather inconsistent with the concept of Love and Mercy, to glory in the death of others. Two things though: Most Christians I know do not WANT everyone to die, which is why they preach the Gospel - because they care - ie. they do love people. Mercy is that God sends people to warn and inform people, much as Mohammed (pbuh) did for the Muslims, and Jesus (pbuh) did for the Jews and Christians (and everyone), and much as Joseph Smith (pbuh) did for the modern world. God sends people to warn of the impending danger for unspiritual people, when the Messiah comes in all his spiritual glory.

Think of enlightenment.... every spiritual tradition in the world gives people "enlightenment". Now, what happens when you multiply "light" to the nth degree? You get a whole lot of BURNING LIGHT... hot as!

If a person is not full of light already, the base nature of their physical and spiritual body will result in them being consumed (burned up) when the "Great and Dreadful day of the Lord" arrives. I know you Muslims have respect for both the Bible and the Quran, so if you look up "consume" in the Bible index, it will give you some insight into the nature of the power of God's incredible spiritual "glory". We cannot withstand the presence of God Almighty unless we are LIKE him - ie. enlightened with truth and love.

Truth and love IS glorious. We love light and truth and love. That is why the end of the world is glorious. But it is a sad thing that anyone would be killed, and that anyone would suffer pains of misery, and that is why we try to share love and truth with people. That is all.

Peace be upon you.

P.S. I am just a follower of God. God is the only person I have my eyes on. It doesn't matter to you what Christians think of themselves. All that matters is what God thinks of you, and what you think of Him. God bless.

• 9 years ago

"glorious thing that they will be saved while everyone else dies a miserable death and goes to hell."

Muslims do that too.

"yet they consider their religion holy"

Ditto for Muslims

"A lot of the bible also consists of God destroying stuff, torturing people, killing people etc."

Same thing with the Qur'an

• 9 years ago

1 I don't consider myself better than anyone.

2. I DO think Christianity beats Islam because for one thing it doesn't tell me to kill people and for another it's much more historically possible

3 Not ALL christians see the end times happening

4 and your book doesn't? We've come a long way in some aspects, God ended the violence when he sent Christ...that's mercy for you...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because the majority of Christians have learnt that women are equal to men. Islam is a newer religion so has yet to learn these lessons. At present, the treatment of women in Islamic culture is offensive to most people and against every one of our values. Burn the burqa (and everything it represents) and you will find more acceptance of Islam in modern society.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Your question has nothing to do with the information you put below it... but anyway...

The end of the world is a beautiful thing for christians as christ will rise again and those that accept him and repent their sins will be saved - whats wrong with that belief? They don't want other people to go to hell, and neither does God, but as they haven't accepted Jesus they will.

And God torturing people? Where are your facts - yes God killed, but the people he killed were sinful. You wouldn't complain if he struck down a rapist about to kill someone would you?

Now take your bigoted hatred elsewhere please :)

• Alan
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

if everyone was to die, say you knew at 7am 09/11/2001 what was going to happen, wouldn't you want to at least try to warn them, all of them?

where do christians celebrate the end of the world? christmas? wth?

where in the bible does God torture? if God 'kills' what is He doing but taking back the life He gave in the first place?

His mercy is not to kill all of us instantly

• 9 years ago

Why do Muslims consider the Bible to be corrupt and their holy book the only truth?

• 9 years ago

Because we haven't flown planes into 102 story buildings and murdered 3000 people at one shot. Today is not the best day to ask this.

• 9 years ago

Christianity, Judaism, and any other religion is better than Islam.

Islam is the lowest religion to exist and in fact it shouldn't exist at all.. Islam is really evil and Quran is a book similar to Mein Kampf.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.