Ashton Overly asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Is it safe to feed my puppy straight pumpkin and rice?

I have been feeding my puppy 1 TBL spoon of pumpkin and mixing 2 TBL spoons of her dry food with the pumpkin. I ran out of her dry food today and the pet store where I got the food is closed until tomorrow. I have brown rice and pumpkin, can these two be mixed or can I just feed her the straight pumpkin?

Favorite Answer

Get her some meat then, go to the butcher, local supermarket & buy some mince for goodness sake.

Feeding a dog healthy human foods in small quantities is fine. Just make sure that your dog does not get fed from the table. This can lead to obesity or illness from over eating and eating too rich of foods. Vegetables, fruits, small amounts of meat, rice and multigrain breads are fine. No onions, avocado, grapes/raisins or Macadamia nuts or chocolate!

Add some protein and fat to it with a scrambled egg, cheese, yogurt, and/or some meat, poultry, or fish.

Yes, this will do fine as a meal for one day.