Alyssa asked in TravelAir Travel · 9 years ago

do flights get cheaper?

I'm going to tn January 13 and i was wondering do the plane tickets get cheaper as the date gets closer? or more expensive?

Favorite Answer

It is probably a bit early to purchase your tickets right now, unless you are getting a good fare. I would probably start getting serious about purchasing two months or so before the flight, but it doesn't hurt to start checking now. You can try using a travel site like airfarewatchdog.com to set up an alert if the fare drops.

Airfares can change at any time. In general, the closer it is to departure date, the higher the fare. For the lowest fares, you need at least 21 days' notice. I would purchase the ticket around Thanksgiving.

Source(s): former travel agent

Usually the ticket rates goes up as the departure date come close, but in some cases you can find last minute attractive deals.So you can check out some travel sites and find the rates and can compare.

But according to me it is better to book tickets few months before your departure date.

Usually more expensive. Around 4-6 weeks prior to departure will be the time to find the best fares.

• Neil

Prices for a particular flight can go up (or down, but more often up) at any time of day, any day of the week. If you buy now you may see lower prices later. But if you wait, hoping for lower prices, you may end up paying more later. I definitely wouldn't suggest waiting beyond mid-October.

yes