Why is my CPU Usage spiking and how can I fix it?

I just recently built my new computer and recently my CPU Usage will spike dramatically for no apparent reason. It wasn't doing it when I first built it about a month ago. What are some reasons it could be doing this?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit

Intel i5-2500k

EVGA GTX 590ti

I'll check back here every few minutes if you have a question just ask and I'll update the question.

Thanks for your help/advice in advance.

So I looked at the Task Manager and when the CPU Usage spike's it says it is the "System Idle Process" I can't turn it off or even view it's properties, my system isn't idle either.

Favorite Answer

go to task manager-processes, sort by CPU usage, and you'll see which processes are using the power. Stop it or uninstall the source software of the process.

• arner

Cpu Usage Spikes

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit

Intel i5-2500k

EVGA GTX 590ti...

Source(s): cpu usage spiking fix it: https://biturl.im/KGBev

Hey dude, just go to Task Manager by pressing ctrl+alt+del and view Processes, check under this which program is causing the problem and end task it and also uninstall if necessary.

Secondly, check what all programs are starting on start up by any softwares like ccleaner, etc or just type msconfig in run and goto startup and uncheck which is not necessary.

If u r confuse then choose disable all and restart to see if the problem still occurs or not.

mainly its cause by viruses as they hogs CPU usage.

Please scan your pc with good antivirus.

Very rarely bad ram also causes this issue but since ur pc is only 1month old chances are very less.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Source(s): Techie
  • n/a

F'ing idiots

The Idle Process is when the CPU isn't doing anything

80% idle means that only 20% of the processor is actually in use

Goddamn you guys are idiots

Go read a dictionary and learn what the word "idle" means

ctrl, alt, delete. click on processes tab, U must know what U are doing in there, some things need to be running. can anyone take it from here.?